Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. What is your 10 month old doing?

What is your 10 month old doing? Rss

Hi,

What are most 10 month old's doing? I find that my little man gets bored very quickly. Does anyone's 10 month old wave bye-bye, point or say any words as yet?

Mum to toddler

My daughter is 10.5 months, and has been walking since the day after she turnedd 9 months old. She points at things, waves, says ta-ta as she waves, she picks things up between her thumb and forefinger. She tries to tickle, and says tickle tickle as she does it, that's so cute when that happens. She says Ta if she wants something or if she wants someone else to have what she is holding. The downside to having a baby like this is that yes, they do get bored easily. I find outside play and interactive play helps out lots with this. I sit down with her and we read and play games, and we sing songs and that keeps her amused. Of course she's saying mama, bubba, dada(who knows where she got dada from!) but also other words. She says door, ducky, puppy. I'd like to hear about other people with their 10 month olds, too. They're so much fun at this age, and yet so much more challenging at the same time.

mother to Hannah born August 9 2003

Hi Sammie. No walking or talking from my liitle guy yet. But I hear girls develop a bit faster than boys I think, I could be wrong though.

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Hi JZ,

No my little man isn't walking or talking as yet and yes you are right, I have been told that girls develop a bit faster than boys. Here's what he is doing now. He will be 10 months old tomorrow. Let me know what your little man does.

He can go for lying down to a sitting position on his own, plus he reaches up to the sofa or dining chair and tries to stand up, without much success without my help. He loves to stand up when I hold him, but he's very wobbly on his feet. He has said "mamma" on several occassions, but never when I want him to say it. I'm trying to teach him to wave "bye-bye" and also say "ta" when I give him something, not much success as yet. He understands what the word "water" means, as I always say the word water to him before I offer him any. He loves playing peek-a-boo. He does that with his dad in the mornings while dads getting ready for work.

Keep in touch, I'd love to hear how your little man is progressing.

Mum to toddler

Hi,

My little girl is just off 10 months. She waves bye and says mumma & dadda...depending on who she wants. She has been up walking along furniture since she was 8.5 months...and has recently started to try stand on her own. My son was crawling at 5 months and walking by 9 months (on his own) so girls are always ahead in development...all are different!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi Sammie. My little guy is doing much the same but has only pulled himself as high as his rocker. He has taken to rolling onto his stomach when I put him to sleep, so he has been sleeping on his stomach. He hardly sleeps in the morning. Im lucky if I get an hour. mostly half an hour and 1 to maybe if he is extremely tired 2 hours. So I think he is cutting out on his morning sleep. He has only got 2 bottom teeth so far. He is starting gymbaroo soon, to get him interacting with other babies as Im not with a mothers group. How many teeth does Jordan have?

Hi Sammie again. I mean to say he might sleep 2 hours in the afternoon, definately not in the morning! how much sleep is jordan getting? Im originally from NSW aswell ( Sydney ). I miss it and desparately want to live there again. Where abouts are you from?

Hi JZ,

Jordan is sleeping anywhere between 1/2 - 2 hours per day, sometimes in two naps and sometimes just one afternoon nap. I just go by how he feels, some days he's better than others. I live at Hurstville (South of Sydney). Where are you living now and where did you live in when you were in Sydney. If you prefer to email me at my personal email address, it is samya.lee@bigpond.com

Talk soon.

Sam

Mum to toddler

Hi Sammie. I will email you.

My little girl has just turned 10months old and she isn't walking yet. She can certainly crawl though! she is really hard to keep up with she is so fast (she crawls on her hands and feet! she has never used her knees!) she can walk along the furniture fine and also loves to climb up onto everything. She certainly keeps me fit! she's not really saying anything, just mumma, dadda (dont know where she got that from coz he aint around!!) and bubba. she can wave and clap, and her latest fad is pulling our cats whiskers out! (hmmmmm i know!) she hardly sleeps at all through the day so i dont know where she gets all the energy from!!!
Hi Sammie,

I dont think that girls or boys or faster at learning than each other. My little boy is almost nine months, he is crawling (almost walking), saying mum and dad and nana and lots of other words. He's sleeps through the night from 8.00pm to 7.00am or later. He's a bit persistant with being breastfed. I think they will just do what they want to when they want to. Good luck

Wendy, SA, baby boy Oct 03

Sign in to follow this topic