Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. head circumfrence not growing

head circumfrence not growing Lock Rss

Hi my daughter is 10 1/2 months, and for the last 2 months her head has just stopped growing? It was always growing in preportion to her but now everything else is still growing but her head isn't...
Just wondering if anyone else had similar issues..
Thanks

Kim. Alexi born 15/05/05, Riley born 19/10/07

Hi Kimmy,

I don't really have any advise but am in a similar situation. Up until my DD was 3 mths old her head grew 5cm. It has slowed down since then and has old grown 3 cm til now (7MThs). Maybe they do just slow down, did you CHN say anything about it, is you are concerned check with your GP next visit but i'm sure they would have said something if it was something to be concerned about.

I wouldn't be too worried as long as your bub seems healthy and happy. I was told their growth tends to drop off around 10 months. If you have a look at the graph in the blue book, you may be able to see it (the curve on the graph isn't so steep). DD's had a massive head since birth, although mostly due to c-section (no labour to sqeeze her skull). Her growth head circumference has slowed right down to the point its about 85% on the graph for her age. Thats quiet a drop considering its always been over 100% (compared to the chart).

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic