Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Growth spurts Rss

Hello parents, When should 1 expect a growth spurt? and what are the signs its happening? (other than growth lol) And what should we do as parents? ie: up the feeds?

Bris, Bubby Breannah 22.04.04 n Patrick 17.01.06

Hiya Miracles, smile

I never really noticed them too much, but i do remember what they told us at mothers group.

Bubs usually want more milk feeds and can start to wake up at night more often, to get the extra feeds. They also can sleep lots too, having big long sleeps during the day.

As parents, i don't think there is much we can do, just give them the extra feeds and follow there cues for extra sleep!

Best of luck,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

i found that the growth spurts my bub had was 5-6mths, this is when we started her on solids as she wasnt satisfied with a bottle alone, and again around 8mths when she started doing more. like sitting up and rolling from one end of the room to the other.
the signs were waking more than normal through the night and having longer sleeps in the day as tepe said. and wanting more to eat.
when you were younger do you remember waking up some mornings feeling taller.????
i do . mum always said we grow in our sleep.
i s'pose we can tell when they need the next size up in clothes too smile .

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Hi Guys
Thanx. I was curious cos Breannah had been sleeping so well and then she started waking at 4-4.30am everymorning no matter what. Generally she sleeps 6-10hrs straigh sumtimes 12

I tried upping her calories during the day. Since the post she has had many long naps. (I not compmplain:)) and seems more hungry.... I think. she is and always has been a very sucky baby.

I am wondering though..... she is a pretty big gal at least 7.5kg n 4months old. Will she just stop being so hungry n wanting feeds all the time or have i created an eating monster (jks) So the eating all d time u recon is building up my milk supply again?!!

Bris, Bubby Breannah 22.04.04 n Patrick 17.01.06

Hi Miracles, My baby is 4.5 months and 8 kilos! He is a big baby, too. He is exclusively breastfed and pretty regular in his feeding. He has some sucky days, especially lately as we move toward needing some solids in a few weeks. I will be waiting to start him as long as possible, though, as with four kids, it's just one more thing to have to do each day! He's not ready yet, anyway. He had a definite growth spurt at three months and packed on the weight with lots of extra, demanded feeds. I remember my other's having these spurts at around this time and around six months, too. Your baby definately feeds according to what your supply needs to do. Try not to worry. Breast milk is very quickly digested, and breastfed babies need to be fed more frequently. My baby is now rolling all over the place so I'm sure the weight will start to shift soon !

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

Hi Miracles,

I was told that they have growth spurts at around 6wks, 3mths & then every 3mths after that until they're either 12 or 18mths old, can't remember which. So far it's been right, i can tell she's about to grow heaps again soon. I've found that when she's about to grow heaps she'll sleep more & get a bit chubbier.

Mel

Sign in to follow this topic