Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Hates Tummy Time Lock Rss

Yes I think it won't be long till he is walking either smile

I think the kids that bum walking find that a really easy, quick way of getting around and doesn't hurt their knees!

Jordan started at around 7 - 8 months (can't really remember) from lying to sitting and vice versa. At the moment if he rolls over onto his tummy during the night and pushes and sits himself up when he is sleeping and whinges so I have to go and lie him down again. Hopefully this is just a phase!

Olivia sounds like she is doing soooo good. Keep up the good work.
Olivia is crawling!!! Hooray!

She started just after Christmas and now there's no stopping her. She's showing interest in wanting to pull up on thing's but hasn't managed to do it yet.

Bri

Mum to (Olivia 3 Feb 2004) & (Emily 26 Jan 2006)

My baby Tallan didnt like Tummy so I use to just put him on my tummy and lay down with him on the there then i moved the laying him next to me now he loves being on his tummy
Hi Michelle,

How's Jordan doing? He must be getting pretty close to walking if he isn't already?!

Olivia started to crawl a couple of days before New Years! (11 months) Hooray! Within a couple of days or that she was pulling up onto things. Gradually each day she is getting faster and stronger.

So far we've feen lucky (touch wood) that she has only stood up in her cot once and needed to be put back down. She does sit up all the time and has to be laid back down.

Her favourite thing at the moment is standing up at the coffee table. It is now completely clear of items, the remote controls are hiding under the couch cusions.

Mum to (Olivia 3 Feb 2004) & (Emily 26 Jan 2006)

Hi Bri,
I have a 8month old baby boy, who was premmie. He hates being on his tummy as well. He now can roll from back to front and front to back, but still doesnt really like being on his tummy too long. He is just starting to put weight on his feet. But still not standing without me holding most of his weight. He has been doing everything else when expected. He loves sitting and leans to reach a toy. I sometimes find him turned around, but have never seen him do it. And I know it isnt the girls cos they went away on holidays. He wont hold his own bottle and really doesnt like Milk that much. Would rather have a meal of veggies or fruit. He is just starting to reach into his bowl and feed himself some potato and carrot and broccoli. William is still putting on 150-200g a week. William stopped growing at around 31-32 weeks into my pregnancy. Luckly we were able to keep him in till 37 weeks, but in that extra time he didnt grow or develope. He was only 3lb 14 oz. We moved when William was aloud out of hospital and in our new town, professionals made me feel like it was the end of the world. William is my 3rd child and I knew he wouldnt be like the others. I am being made to go to physio and early learning programs to help catch him up. They arent doing anything that you dont do everyday with your child anyway. I was made to feel like I was useless and was starting to doubt my own Instincts. I know William is behind, but I was told not to be concerned to much he will catch up by the age of two. And remember every child is different anyway. I had a little girl who didnt walk till she was 13months and didnt really crawl either she loved the walker and was talking early and very well and I had another that was up and walking at 10months and climbing Almond trees in our backyard and didnt speak till she was 2 1/2. One thing I have learnt over Xmas is that mum knows best and he will do things in his own time. And why would you do things like play on your tummy and hold you bottle when you have 2 girls that do everything for you. I know of a lady who's baby never crawled, use to just lay and do nothing then one day while sitting got up and walked at 16months. I wouldnt worry and if you are like me the everyday play time you have with you kids helps them develop when they are ready. I spend most of my time playing and doing kid things than cleaning. If you are really concerned Child and youth can help you get into a early learning program which might give you some ideas on what to do with your baby to help her developement. Its a great program, I just dont feel that we need it as they arent really teaching me anything I arent already doing.
Sign in to follow this topic