Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. 1/600 chance of Down syndrome

1/600 chance of Down syndrome Rss

hi I'm 27 and just got told I have a 1/600 chance of baby Down syndrome.. Just wondering if anyone has had this reading and how is your baby??
I'm so upset and worried sad
Hi there,

For my last baby my ratio was 1/69 . We were offered an amino but declined. Bubs is fine! Try not to worry. Are you going to have an amnio?

All the best

Oh k.. No I had the harmony test. Have you heard of that??
I don't know how reliable those nuchal translucency tests are, seems like people get some really mixed up ratios.

If you're worried, have an amnio and don't feel guilty about doing so!!

You have enough stress and worry as it is, do what you feel is going to ease your mind smile
Samantha_Green86 wrote:
Oh k.. No I had the harmony test. Have you heard of that??

No I haven't heard of the harmony test. We didn't have the amnio as of the risk of misscairrage. But if it helps ease your mind I would go for it!

Just stop, take a deal breath and rethink your results. 1 in 600. Yes you could be very unfortunate, but the probability is that if 600 women with the same level as you had a baby, one would have Down syndrome, but 599 would be fine. That's still such a low chance.

If you feel you need to take further tests then that's something only you can decide, but please try not to stress yourself too much as it's not good for you or bubs and it's really not that bad.

From my understanding. I may be wrong but 1/600 is not high risk. I always thought that high risk was if it was 1/300 or less. You are double that. I think you need to talk to your doctor. As others have said you have a 1/599 chance that your baby is fine. I think that's good odds.

Lots of risks with amnios etc. I know I have been there. If I had your results I would not be risking it.

Good luck.

Firstly, has anyone explained to you what your result means and whether it is high or low risk? If they haven't. I'd be asking for clarification. In my understanding, most places consider a 1/150 chance to be a higher risk (some places use a 1/250 chance) so a 1/600 chance is a pretty good result. I am 38 and pregnant with my 2nd. I had the NT combined screening done and came back as a 1/99 chance of Down Syndrome. We opted to have an amniocentesis for peace of mind, we are pleased to say that everything is ok. I'm nearly 18 weeks so this has all just recently happened so yes, I do understand how you are feeling about all this. sad Feel free to pm me if you need.
hi, I had pretty extreme results at the beginning of the year I was 28 years old when I conceived. 1/600 is a low risk!! don't worry, but do get them to explain more to you for peace of mind.

I had odds of like 1/11, 1/9 and 1/7 or something, I had amino, results weren't good, so terminated.

Your results are not bad smile if they were, they would have told you in person and spoken through your options
and yes
me+hub+3 wrote:
From my understanding. I may be wrong but 1/600 is not high risk. I always thought that high risk was if it was 1/300 or less. You are double that. I think you need to talk to your doctor. As others have said you have a 1/599 chance that your baby is fine. I think that's good odds.

Lots of risks with amnios etc. I know I have been there. If I had your results I would not be risking it.

Good luck.

yes, high risk is under 1/300
Sign in to follow this topic