Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. How do I tell when she's teething???

How do I tell when she's teething??? Lock Rss

My bub is only 4 months old, but in the last few days she has changed completely. She hardly sleeps during the day now (maybe 1 naps, but still sleeps well at night), she's always whingy and always wanting to be held. She was never like this and it's only been these last few days. She doesn't have a temperature (I don't think). Could she be teething this early?? How do I know?? What can I do to get my happy little bub back??

Sam and Hayley and bub

firstly its good to remember that all babies go through a clingy stage?!
or growth spurt?

ok teething could look like:
Hands in mouth all the time
drooling everywhere
Rosy red cheeks
Runny nose
Red gums(if you pull them down you may be able to see white lines working their way up the gums?
sleep interuption
wanting to knaw on anything and everything

thogh it could be months before an actual tooth appears!!!
best of luck to you 8) both
xxxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

It certainly could be teething, but like Mimmy said - it can take some babies months to cut their first few teeth. Just thinking outside the box, what is your bub doing developmentally? I was thinking maybe your bub is getting close (if not already) rolling which can be a bit of a frustrating time for them. I'd go with what you said though, it sounds like it could be some teeth moving.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi Samantha,
My Charlie is 4.5mths and we just figured out she's been teething for about 3 wks so it can happen that young. She has most symptoms Mimmy described - especially interrupted sleep/hands in mouth etc... Mine is the opposite of yr bubs though - sleeps well during day/crap at night!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Charlie girl 15/01/06 & Dean the Machine 22/08/09

Hi Samantha welcome to teething and its fun(not) and it sounds like your little girl is teething cause everything you just said thats how my daughter was when she first started to teething and I think she was around Hayley's age and its everything that mimmy said about the signs of teething.

And there is nothing to can do to get your little girl happy til the teething has stop hurting her but just try to make her happy and let her know that you are there for her and its okay.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

hello, hayley's mum.

talia had the rosey red cheeks & got a bit grizzley. she got her first the start of april (6.5mths old)

she has just cut her 5th, 2 come up in a couple days, poor thing!!!

she has gone back to being like a new bub, only up for about 2hrs then needs to go back to bed for 1-2hr sleep. must take a lot out of them!!!

she loves her bonjela! weve also started "seda gel" a lot cheaper & as good!!!

i have togo. jl08012hotmail.com

janis, talia & jorja

my wee 1 starting teething round 3 months, but they unfortunately went back down again which made it alot of pain for her, then they just all of a sudden popped up around 4 - 4 1/2 months, she was whingy, refusing bottles (but would drink cold water out of fridge), wouldnt go to sleep unless on me, now we going through it again with number 5 & 6 teeth.
i have a friend whos bub got teeth at 2 months and have heard of bubs being born with them, so 4 months isnt early.
i found cold pieces of fruit in muslin was nice and relieving and bonjela (it works wonders), even the back of a cold clean teaspoon is a nice feeling for them

Monique mum 2 Haleigh & James

Sign in to follow this topic