Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. do premmies start crawling later

do premmies start crawling later Lock Rss

My daughter is 10.5 months old and has not started crawling yet she rolls all over the place tends to move her bottom up and down a fair bit but has not gotten onto her arms and tried to crawl. Is this a sign that she may be close she was premmie by 8.5 weeks and we were told they are a bit later in some things and not in others. Anyone else out there in a similiar situation.
My DS was 6wks prem, the Paed to us to expect him to be doing things by his corrected age most of the time rather than going on his actual age. So i've got a 4mth old who is developmentally only 2.5 mths. At times it gets confusing, but i read both sets of info, just in case! He might surprise me...lol. Will be the same by the time of their 1st B'day, according to Paed, no longer considered premmie at this point.
Hi
My daughter was born at 23.2 wks, 450 grams. My daughter really only starting walking when she was 2 yrs old. She came home at 5 months old and weighed 1.8kg (so definitely wasn't doing what a term baby would do). Don't worry though they do catch up and sometimes even overtake. She is now 3yrs old, 9.8kg so still little, but she is very intelligent, happy and healthy. The only thing I can suggest is to concentrate on areas she needs with activites to help stimulation and don't stress because all babies are different, even our littlies.

Mum to Brooke 23.2 weeks, 450 grams now 3.5 yrs

hi
i know some people with twins who were 3months prem, one didnt crawl til shew was nealry 2 but the other one developed normally.
and yet i had a friend whos bub was full term and she only started to crawl at 1.
so it all really depends on the baby i think.
by the sounds of it she is trying to crawl. thats how haleigh started.

Monique mum 2 Haleigh & James

Hi Sweetpie
My boy was 8 weeks prem and is now 7mths old.
I have also been told to go off his corrected age for milestones(development) weight and head circumference. It is a little confusing as he does things now that a 7 mth old would but he also does not do some thigs a 7mth old would. So i look at both milestones and even look at the ones in between. I gather if my CHN, dr and ped are not concerned then there is no need for me to be concerned but i know what it feels like to be waiting to see what he can do next.

Kylie NSW, Kade 17 months

Sign in to follow this topic