Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Funny foot Lock Rss

My husband has just noticed that when my 6 month old daughter is standing up when held, her left foot points outwards. Her ecn check up is next week. Has anyone else noticed this with their baby. I am really concerned.
I'd get them to do a really good check of her hips. My daughter has clicky hips and her foot turns out slightly. I had clicky hips (that required surgery) when i was young and when my hips are playing up now, i have one that either sticks in or out (depending on what is playing up with it)

I also had it in both hips so it wasn't detected till i was 15months old and walking (with a limp)

I don't mean to scare you but that would be my guess.

Andrae,WA - Liam, Siobhan and Erin

HI Andrae,
Thank you so much for your reply. I went to the early childhood nurse and she said she thinks it looks ok but just to ease my mind she had referred me to a physio. Im just waiting for their call. What is involved in surgery?. Hopefully my girl will be ok but i will keep you updated. Thanks have a good day.
Hi Angela.
Your daughter may not need surgery if her hips are not right. It just depends on whaat stage of development her bones are at (i was 15 months old when they found my probs hence actual surgery) If descovered early enough (not sure what age that is) they can just use a brace to position the legs for optimum development (like a V shape)

Lets hope its not even clicky hips. But if it is don't panic, Its not too bad and as she gets older there are minimal problems (Mine get a bit sore now after having 3 kids- but mine were surgery) and the only thing i couldn't really do was the splits!

Andrae,WA - Liam, Siobhan and Erin

Sign in to follow this topic