Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Swimming Lessons Rss

Hi, I started my daughter to swimming lessons when she was just 4 months old, and she loved it even then.
For anyone living in regional areas it's best to contact your local pool to check if their instructors are AustSwim accredited because they may not be listed on the website. Our local pool wasn't.
D
Hi everyone,
Wanted to thank everyone for their advice. Austswim site helped greatly and as it turns out my choice of swim school was the aquatic centre in Homebush.

Mariav,
Thanks for the advice on enrolling early. I hadn't thought that I'd have to book him in so early. So thanks to your advice I'll start doing something about reallllll sooon smile especially since I was thinking about doing the Saturday lessons. I also have to thank you for telling me how the lessons are structured i.e. they go by terms and run for a length of a school term etc. Your advice has been great!

Once again a big thanks to everyone for your help and I'll let you know what I thought of the lessons once we start grin

Bett, NSW, 2 boys & Twins 19.2.08

hi flinstones how old is you little one?when are you starting lessons?
Hi twinkletoes,
My son is four and a half months old. I shpould be enrolling him this week. It's just a matter of finding time to jump on the phone and enrol him. I'll let you know if we get in smile

well i hope you do get in somewhere i got the last spot where i enrolled at so glad i rang when i did.
well i hope you do get in somewhere i got the last spot where i enrolled at so glad i rang when i did. keep me updated on how you go if you do get in somewhere and how your little one went in the water etc seeya nat
Hi Nat,
No problems I'll keep you updated sounds like the whole experience will be fun so here's hoping we get in grin

well it is so much fun i really enjoy it so does caprice but we have missed out for 2 weeks now so next week cant wait to get back into it again.
Hi all

I have been taking Seb to swimming lessons at Wyndam Liesure Centre (Hoppers Crossing) since he was 6 months old and he absolutely loves it - it is our 3rd term now (they are 15 weeks long) and he has been jumping/lunging in (Humpty Dumpty's) since he was able to just sit up.... he runs on the mat on the water, and holds his breath to go under and just has a ball... it is such a great thing for them... plus I get so much enjoyment too....

He has just learnt to be "self sufficient" in the rings, and he can kick himself along on his own and giggles away and chats so much that he swallows half the pool.... and you should see the nappies after swimming lessons.... they have to be changed so much more and are soooo heavy for the rest of the afternoon!!!

I agree, start making enquiries for lessons well in advance, ours are booked up every term and it's really hard to find a D1 (6 - 12mth) or D2 (12month +) class on weekends for those of us that have to work!!

Oh and Nat, we live in Victoria too... at Little River which is about halfway between Altona and Warnambool!!!

Marie, NSW, Sebastian's (12/12/02) & Alexander's (

Your welcome 'Flintstones'

From
Maria V

NSW - 1st child baby girl

Hi Swimmers
We took our bub swimming for the first time at 3 weeks and she started 'lessons' at 6 months- she swims in floaties unaided now at 8 months. I just wanted to mention that swimming lessons are cool but if you can't afford it, just get together with a few other mums and play- it's pretty much the same thing. You can play games like ring-a-rosies to teach them to go under etc.
Happy splashing
Nicola
Hi everyone,
Well after trying to get him in early I was told to ring back on the 20th April (yesterday) which i did and we got in smile
We start our first lesson on the 1st of May and I can't wait it will be good for Dad to have some dedicated time with him, though we will take turns in the water from week to week.
We got in at the Aquatic Centre in Homebush Bay. I'll keep in touch with how the first lesson goes!
Till then ....

Sign in to follow this topic