Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

brushing teeth Rss

my 6 month old son has his 2 bottom teeth, I read somewhere that they should be cleaned with a toothbrush with some cooled boiled water. I have tried to find a baby toothbrush in several shops with no luck does anyone know where I can buy one? or do I just buy a childs toothbrush with soft bristles?...Also sometimes my baby has bad breath, he eats solids three times a day.

Vic, 3 y.o boy

Hi Sandra,
Colgate make an excellent toothbrush for babies. It is called "My first toothbrush," and can be brought at most supermarkets and chemists. It is softer than the childrens toothbrushes. If you do decide to buy a childs soft bristle tooth brush, just be careful not to brush too hard, as they do have slighty harder bristles than the baby toothbrushes, and could make baby's gums bleed. You can also use a wet washer to brush you sons teeth in the meantime, with cooled boiled water. It is advised by dentists not to use toothpaste until they are at least 2 years old. Good luck.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

thanks Tracey,
I finally caught up with my maternal child health nurse and she also sugests using the face washer. About the toothpaste she says it is because children don't learn to spit until aprox 2 yrs. thanks again I will try it.

Vic, 3 y.o boy

Oral B has a range of toothbrushes out called Stages. The first one can be used for babies from 4mths, the bristles are very soft. I've used it on my son since his first teeth at 4 1/2 months just with some cooled boiled water. You can get them at supermarkets, chemists, Big W etc.
Sign in to follow this topic