Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. CHICKEN POX/HAND FOOT & MOUTH DISEASE

CHICKEN POX/HAND FOOT & MOUTH DISEASE Rss

Hi, just looking for some help AGAIN!,

I was wondering if anyone has any information or stories about "hand ,foot and mouth infection"! Just when you think we have had it all....it is either that or chicken pox, but there is no more change in his spots for 12 hr, so i don't think it's chicken pox.

I am not totally happy with the Drs diagnoses, but will be seeing my normal Dr on Monday. He has a rash that half looks like chicken pox, but half like a heat rash. Any help will be great, i have done google searches but i am not convinced on either.

Also no sign of anything on No1, who knows, but its worrying.

Oops also my son is 10 months and daughter 2 and 3/4.

Thanks again,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

hi
well i know that the hand foot and mouth disease is spots on only on the hand foot and in the mouth. if they have spots there then its that
if its chicken pox well they can get it anywere on there body but i don't think they can get it in there mouth. my daughter was 10mths old when she got the chicken pox and she had only about 10 spots. my doc said the younger they are the less spots they get but they are prety much immune to it when they grow up. just don't have to much contact with some one whos has it.
i also think that the younger they get it the better cause they don't scratch the pox. if he does have the chicken pox let him or her have a warm bath b4 bed and put chamoline lotion on it and it soothes it more.
hope it helps but if ur worried take them to the doc anyways

Salwa, 2 girls, sydney

Hi Salwa,

Thanks for your reply! I still don't really know what it was, but it has all cleared up. He only ever got that first round of spots so not sure if it was a very mild dose of chicken pox! :~

The main thing is it is gone,

Thanks again,

Tepe

Hi
I know your babes spots have all cleared up now, but thought id write anyway.

I took Ella (10.5months) to chemist yesterday arvo (too late for dr) with spots and he assured me she had chicken pox. but this morning things were no worse and she doesnt seem at all sick so i took her to the hospital to get a second opinion. Dr said they arent chicken pox, just viral spots that arent contageous and will clear up on their own. Pleased i got the second opinion!

Bel

Belinda, WA, lovely baby girl

talking bout chicken pox i think my 5mth old has them. ill have to take her to the docs tomorrow.

Salwa, 2 girls, sydney

Hi Salwa,

I hope your daughter is OK, let us know how she is!

Tepe

she seems ok now. the last time i counted her spots there were 7 but this morning there seems to be more. she has had a mild fever and has been realy grumpy. i don't blame her, she can't scratch them. that'll be anoying.

Salwa, 2 girls, sydney

a good way to releive the itchyness from chicken pox is to pick some leaves from a conifer tree and boil them in a pot of water for a few minutes, drain the liquid and add this to a bath. The water will be a bit green but it will help. Sounds weird I know but sometimes old fashion remedies work wonders.

Vic, 3 y.o boy

i took her to the docs yesterday and she definatly has them. she has about25 now but the doc said she prob wont get any more than that. poor thing. ill have to try that conifer thing thanx scorpion

Salwa, 2 girls, sydney

Sign in to follow this topic