Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. scared about cold's and flu!

scared about cold's and flu! Rss

Hi all I am just wondering if anyone else was concerned about the cold and flu season being so bad. And what percausions you were taking to make sure your baby's were healthy and not catching all of this stuff. I have two other children beside's my 11 wek old son. They are 7 and 5 in school and bringing home everything coming and going. I am worried about all of this and don't seem to be able to settle down always worried he will get bad sick. I know I am driving everyone in family crazy with washing hand's and covering mouth's but this is a helpless baby. And I don't remember everything being so bad with my other 2. Well anyhelp or suggestions would be helpful thank you.......

Stacie,

Hi mommy2,
Like you, I have two older children at school also, and was worried about them bringing illnesses home from school. But then I though, my baby comes with me to the shops, Doctors surgerys, in fact everywhere, so he would be just as likely to get sick from somewhere esle. I just make sure my other kids wash their hands before playing with the baby, don't breath or blow directly onto him, and make sure they are all in sensible clothing for the weather. There is much else you can do, other then immunising them all. Don't panic. Just take each day as it comes, and deal with it then. If the baby does get a cold, panadol and dimetapp work wonders and help ease the symptons. If you have any other concerns or you just want to chat, my email address is traceyl01@hotmail.com Feel free to write anytime.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi,

This is what i was so scared of, and still am! When i was breastfeeding my son, he seemed to only get the sniffles! Now at 7 months, and no Bf, he has just had a horrible cold, resulting in over 39 degree temps, and i know where it started, from DDs preschool!

Don't know the answers, but know you are not alone,
tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Sign in to follow this topic