Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Mouth turns blue - Please help!

Mouth turns blue - Please help! Rss

Has anyone else experienced this? It's really scary and I just want to see if anyone else has ever noticed it. My 9 week old occasionally gets blue around his mouth.

It doesn't seem to bother him at all (just me) and his breathing is always normal. In fact today he was smiling at me whilst it was happening.

I am almost certain that it's due to wind as I'm sure I read something about it somewhere once. But I'm just interested to hear if anyone else has experienced it.

I've asked both my gp and clinic nurse and they both passed it off as nothing to worry about unless his breathing is affected or his lips are also going blue.

I look forward to anyone's advice.

Ta
Hi, My little boys mouth always turned blue around it when he had wind. At 6 1/2 months sometimes this still happens. When I was in hospital when he was first born, the nurses told me this was quite normal when they have wind. If he seems happy enough then I would not worry too much.

Deena NZ New mum

Hi, Take your son to hospital to see a paediatric doctor if you are concerned, my son was also going blue around the lips - it is one of the signs that he had a hole in his heart they also detected a murmer. Hope its good news for you.
Yes, my daughter Elia used to go blue or go white around her mouth when she was younger.
I was told by different people that one means they have some wind and the other means a lot of wind. I don't know which colour for which though as I was told both ways! It was true for Elia though and she was quite a windy baby.
If they don't burp afterwards and you are still concerned then it way be worth getting it checked out.

Gail, NT, Elia 16/05/03, Hamish 23/11/05

I noticed that my babies lips were blue this morning as I was changing him. I am putting this down to it being a cold morning and I am going to see a pediatrition next week and will mention this.

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Sign in to follow this topic