Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. High Chair - What to buy?

High Chair - What to buy? Lock Rss

High Chairs??

What brand of high chair are you using? What do you like/don't like about the hc? Anything to recommend or to look for when buying one?

If you're not using a high chair to feed bub solids - then what are you using or doing?

thanks heaps!!
Kerry

Kerry, WA

We got the 'Child Care' high chair from Stella. It was $160 from Target and its an absolute beauty. There were heeps to choose from, this was middle of the range price wise.

The things I love about it:

1. Safety, its very sturdy and has a 5 point harness (I think thats standard now anyway).
2. Easy to clean and you can easily remove the padding should you need to.
3. Wheels - I drag DD around the house so she can 'supervise' me vaccuming, cleaning etc. LOL
4. Adjustable height and back rest.

I am rather impressed with this one and think it will stand the test of time with a few more kids yet.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

I would suggest buying a portable highchair that straps onto a normal dining chair, it is easy to take to friends houses or to restraunts and bubs can sit at the table with the rest of the family, also if you dont sit at the table it can be placed on the floor or on a chair and you can use the tray.

I would have brought one if we didnt already get given a normal one.

Another tip is to get one with a tray that slides off, our one lifts up and makes a mess if you want to get bubs out while its covered in food.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Hi Kerry

i have a Prima Pappa high chair which i had bought from Baby Kingdom for $195 ($80 cheaper than Target). My only problem with it is that its not smooth rolling on the floorboards - it occasionally makes a scraping noise (not that its scratching the boards) so i don't wheel her around much except from the kitchen area (so she can watch me cook) to the eating area.

All of the above features are included but this one also has two trays - you remove the top feeding tray which has an indent for a cup to find another tray for placing toys etc (in fact you could do the same with one tray, but hey, i didn't design it). The trays slide out with one hand , rather than an up movement which can send food scraps or liquids flying

Olivia has only been on solids for 3 weeks so at the moment i feed her on my lap since its easier to control busy hands.
Susan

Susan, Sydney, 12/4/05 baby

Hi...

We purchased one made by Childcare and cost $200 but we got a 20% discount cos we bought all our bubs things from there.
I have no problems with it at all. It has height and seat adjustments, brakes on back wheels, a larger food tray that attaches to the smaller one, harness, removeable seat cover for easier cleaning.
Love everyhting about it.

nsw...5 1/2 month old boy....4yr old girl

I found because i need three price and space was the major consideration, mine are childcare and were only $70 each, but are fantastic. My only must have was a removable tray, and be easy to clean. My sil has a $300 one that i use at her place, and it's so heavy and bulky, and the seat is all folds and so hard to clean properly, i much prefer my bottom of the range!

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

Sign in to follow this topic