Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

lunch menu ideas Rss

my little boy has been on 3 bottles and 3 meals a day for almost a month now. He is 7 months today!

for breakfast he has cereal and sometimes a bit of fruit puree or slice of toast with avocado and for dinner he has mixed veges with beef or chicken.

Our problem is lunch, the guides state they should have yoghurt/custard and stewed fruit, but this does not seem to fill the hole. If anyone has any suggestions/ideas they would greatly be appreciated.

FYI my son is 10.5kg and 74cm long (this is apparently quite large for a 7 month old???)

michelle, mom to maxwell (11.03) & isaac (10.05)

Hi Michelle,

Wow, at least there is another child out there with the same kind of appetite. I give my son 2 lots of veges everyday, with dessert so to speak. Lunch dessert is usually fruit, but dinner dessert is usually based on avacardo to fill him up.

When he was smaller, i use to have different veges for him for variety....just a thought!

Best of luck, would love to hear more,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Michelle. For lunch my little man has a piece of toast with crusts off with margerine a vegimite cut into soldiers, straight after that he has half a banana really mushed up. An hour later is his bottle.

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Hi Michelle

Ever since my son started having 3 solid meals I gave him vegies for lunch and dinner, I've never heard that they are only supposed to have just yoghurt etc for lunch. I'd suggest you just follow his appetite. Last week at our mothers group the nurse suggested that it is sometimes better to give the main meal for lunch and something lighter for dinner as they are burning heaps of energy through the day and for some it can be uncomfortable to go to bed on a really full stomach.

Hope this helps
Jasmine smile
My son is almost 7 months old, and I am interested to hear lunch ideas too!! Also, I am just wondering, how do your babies cope with eating toast? My son has had bread a few times but it just makes him gag!! Thanx ... I'd love to be able to give him toast for brekky smile

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Great Idea!!!

I'm with Brandon's mum, I guess I havent thought about anything else but mashed veg, cereal, custards or yoghurt.... My daughter sometimes gags on the mashed veggies, so giving her toast would make me watch every bit

Kerryn, SA, baby girl 20/11/03

Sign in to follow this topic