Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Baby gift-help Lock Rss

Hi all,
My sister in law is due to have her first and long awaited baby in a few weeks. I have been racking my brain trying to think of a good gift for her baby boy (she knows). I was trying to think back to what was one of my favorite gifts when my son was born and I thought what better place to ask for ideas than on here. So I was wondering if anyone could help me out with what they felt was a really useful, practical, lovely, thoughtful, or whatever gift, just your favorite gift for your baby?
Thanks so much.
Laura

Laura DS July 03, DD Oct 05, DD Nov 08

Hi Laura,

When I had Luke in May I was inandated with stuffed toys and flowers. The toys have taken their place in Lukes room now but I would have to say the best pressie that I got was from my best friend who did the following;

Made me a nappy cake...(2 tier)
Cut out a round piece of cardboard (Size of a large Pizza) and stack nappies (on their side) around in a circle.
She put some nappy wipes (Cylinder) in the middle to give it its shape and little nick knacks that she found.
Then she proceeded with the top tier.

She wrapped thick blue ribbon around each tier to hold them in place, then celophane paper around the whole thing with a blue ribbon at the top.

I thought it was great and now I am making them for the five new parents that are expecting over the next 6 months that I know. And it's great to be able to give something that you have made yourself.

It helps her with the nappy issue which you can never have enough of anyway.

Hope this helps.

Joanne.
Hi Laura,
How about a beautiful tree. There are some gorgeous flowering gum trees around. They could plant it on the day the baby is born and watch it grow and mature just like their son will do. It's also very enviromentally friendly. Just a thought.
Goodluck, cheers,
When I was in hospital I received a baby bouquet of singlets and socks...they were all rolled up and made into the shape of a flower. So cute and really practical - you can never have enough singlets for a baby!

Gabriella, Chiara & angel called home

I love those photo frames that have room for a picture in one side & then space on the other side for an imprint of their hand they come with a playdoh type clay for the hand print, you always forget how little they were & it's nice for them to compare with later when they are older!.
I also love baby's first year books the Anne Geddes ones are beautiful & it is something they will always keep.
Thanks so much for your replies, you have really given me some fantastic, thoughtful ideas. Not only for my sisiter in law!
Thanks again and take care all.

Sorry forgot to ask where I might be able to pick up one of those photo frames?

Hi Laura,
I've spotted the photo frames a a few different places, the cheepest was Big W at the film lab, but I have also seen them at those card places like cardology etc.
Elz

I think another great gift for new parents is a subscription to a babies magazine. I love receiving my magazines in the mail each month and they are so helpful.

Sign in to follow this topic