Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

The name 'Ella' Rss

Hi.

I have a 15 week old girl named Ella.

I read in the paper on the weekend that the name Ella is one of the most popular names these days.

Reading this exchange I've noticed a lot of Ella's mentioned.

I wonder how many Ella's are out there ?

Therese

Therese, BRISBANE, 3yr old boy 6 wk girl

Hi Therese

My beautiful daughters name is Ella. She's 6.5months old. I must say when we first picked Ella for a name I hadnt seen it about much but your right, in this exchange i've noticed there are quite a few out there. We actually picked it because in one of the baby name books we have it says Ella means Beautiful Fairy Maiden and i thought that was just lovely!

Bel

Belinda, WA, lovely baby girl

Bel,

I love the name too, even more now that you have mentioned meaning beautiful fairy maiden.

My daughter is Ella Frances after my grandmother.

Therese

Hi Therese,
My beautiful daughter is also Ella.

My husband and I always loved that name and feeling that we were always going to have a girl, she was always Ella.

I think it is such a beautiful name and as our surname is one you always have to spell I had to make sure her first name would be easier for her to deal with.

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

Hi there, our beautiful angel is called Ella. Her middle name is Maree (also my middle name). Our Ella is 8 1/2 months old and when we named her we didn't think it a very common name at all and wanted her name to be different. Now I hear it all the time! We just love her name it suits her to a tee!

Rachel, 20mth girl + 1 on the way

Hi Therese

My daughter also named Ella was born in April 2001.
We actually liked Elenore but did not like Ellie as a shortened version, thus Ella.

When we named her we had only heard of it as the singer Ella Hooper, now when I go to the park and call 'Ella' always more than my own child comes my way!!!!!!!!
My 8 mth old daughter's name is very close to Ella but is Elia. I have loved this name for years and luckily my husbnad liked it too and then I discovered that one of its meanings is God's gift which I thought was really appropriate. I love the sound of all names like Ella and Eliana and Eleanor.

Gail, NT, Elia 16/05/03, Hamish 23/11/05

I don't have an Ella myself but a have a close friend with a 5 month old daughter with that name!

Erin,W.A. kids 12,5,2 and 1

I love the name Ella, you should all be very proud of choosing such a beautiful name. I wanted to call my daughter Ella Grace, Ella is my Grandmother's and Great-Grandmother's name, but my husband wouldn't agree. Took us a looong time to reach a name compromise, we knew we were having a girl and Gabrielle was still 3 days old when she was finally named.

Karen, mum to Gabrielle 1/9/03, #2 edd 24/8/05

Hi Karen,

I really like the name Gabrielle as well. It always make me think of Angels.

My husband wasn't very keen on Ella either but on the drive to the hospital we finally agreed.

My son was named whilst sitting in the labour ward, nothing like waiting until the last minute to decide.

Therese

i hve a friend whos baby is melissa but they call her ella

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi,
I don't have an Ella myself, but i know at least 4 of ages about 6 months, 3yrs, 5yrs and about 20yrs!
it is a lovely name! we called our daughter Evie Sage,and it suits her 2 a tee!!

SaM, EviE NoV 03 AnD TuLLy AuG 05

Sign in to follow this topic