Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. what to do for there 1st Birthday

what to do for there 1st Birthday Rss

could someone plz help me i am a new young mum and i have no idea what to do for my son first birthday
HI Mishelle
I am a new mum also and I am at a loss at what to do for the twins first birthday. I recently went to a first birthday for one of the babies in my mothers group. It was at a play centre where there was a specific area for under 2yr olds. That was the kiddies party and later she had her family over that evening. It was a fun day. Most of the kids enjoyed playing in the coloured ball section.

I would be interested too in other ideas.

justine, VIC, twins boys

Hi my daughter will be 1 in 2 weeks and we are planning to have a party at home, we have got a small sandpit outside and Aimee got heaps of toys for christmas so we will have heaps of things to play with, we are going to have lots of finger food and my mum is making a cake, also i've heard bubbles are a good idea.
If you have a toy library in your area why not hire a small slide or a climbing frame. We were planning to do that but our toy library doesnt open till 2 weeks after her birthday!!!

Hope your son has a wonderful birthday...

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

arnt they a bit little mummyto1
im not being rude i was going to hire a jumpin castle but i thought my gal might be a bit little her friends are all older though like 2 wat do you think

DD may 03, DS oct 06

Hi mummy1300

We had my daughters birthday party today but as it rained we all had to stay inside, We had the sandpit idea as we had a couple of 3yr old boys coming and they are very rowdy!! We had a good time inside and the kids all played with Aimees new toys in the lounge although there wasnt much room and most of the adults stayed in the kitchen and on the covered porch eating and talking. we had a great day and Aimee got to try heaps of new food and play with other kids. She is walking now so it wasnt to hard to keep her entertained.

sorry to hear that it rained, mummyto1, but as long as you had a good time your more then welcome to send rain my way! may i ask wat is a toy library?

DD may 03, DS oct 06

Hi mummy1300

A toy library is like a library but they hire out toys for 2 weeks at a time for between .50cents - $5.00 for 2 weeks, they have some neat toys that Aimee would never otherwise have a chance to play with as we cant afford them. it costs about $25 per year as well as hiring fees and we do 3 duties a year at the library.

that sounds cool do you know if it is in oz or is it just an nz thing
like wat sort of things

DD may 03, DS oct 06

Hi mummy 1300,
This might be a bit too late but I came across your post and I know that there is a toy Library at Lane Cove, NSW. Not sure how they run it though. I can't use it because it's way out of my area but I've heard it's great. Not sure if there are any others.

Bett, NSW, 2 boys & Twins 19.2.08

Hi - My baby girl turned one two days ago, and we had a little party for her- not that she really is aware to much, however I do believe that she knew that there was 'something special' about the day. She woke in the morning to balloons in her room, tied to the end of her cot, and was given her presents (from mummy & daddy) first up. These new toys occupied her for quite some time, whilst we finnished preparations for her party. She enjoyed 'helping' string up streamers and balloons. We had some older kids come also, so we hired out some toys from the toy library. (I believe that they are in most areas, look up in your yellow pages perhaps). We then had a game of pass the parcel. She was too little for the game itself, however she loved the music belting out really loud and did little 'jigging dancing moves' when this happened. I have also heard that it is fun to give your baby their first piece of cake, and just let them 'go for it!' I was hesitant to do this, as I did not want her to eat cake at her age, but I thought 'maybe I can let her play with it' I gave her a piece to play with, but by this time she was getting a bit grumpy and was not interested in it.
I think having a first birthday party is something special you can do for your baby, more, so that they can look back on photo's and say 'so, this was my first birthday party!'

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

hey flinstones
no it not to late i just anxious
lane cove is that in sydney
i am in the central west so prob a bit far away
thanks though

DD may 03, DS oct 06

Sign in to follow this topic