Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. HELP AM GOING MAD CLINGY 8MTH OLD

HELP AM GOING MAD CLINGY 8MTH OLD Rss

Can anyone help me i have an 8 month old daughter she likes to be in the same room as me all the time or she will screem if she is left at my mums or sisters she will play happily but when she is home with me io can't leave the room it is getting so bad that i can not cook dinner till she goes to bed at eight i have tried tuperware food toysswings jolly jumper and she still screams till i pick her up i let her go but she will scream for hours and hit her head on the floor i am despret help

nsw 8mth old girl

I know exactly how you feel. I have a 12 month old boy and he has been acting like that for a few months. I don't know what to do about it either. But it can be so frustrating at times and really does drive you up the wall. You are not alone

Karen,QLD12mthbub

I know exactly how you feel. I have a 10 month old boy and he has been acting like that especially when dropped at Kindy since christmas. The teachers tell me it is normal for this from 8monts onwards. Hoopefully things will improve.

Michelle, mum to Corey 14/3/03 - Bankstown

I also have an 8mth old duaghter and she is getting like that but is not yet as clingy as your daughter. Even when she is with her Dad she has to watch where I am in the room etc and is starting to only like it when I give her the bath. Will she sit in the kitchen in her high chair or on the floor while you cook or do things there ? - I know that's not getting rid of the problem though!
I used to play peekaboo around the corner/door while I worked\cleaned in the kitchen so it was a bit of a game and she realised I was still there and would then come in and praise her and play with her..

Gail, NT, Elia 16/05/03, Hamish 23/11/05

thanks for your advise she will not sit on the kitchen floor she just screams but i have not tried the hi chair that might work as she can see what i am doing i bought a telli tubies video and so far that has kept her happy for 5 mins hopfully she will enjoy it and watch more of it

nsw 8mth old girl

i hear ya
man do i hear you
my little gal is worse then i little puppy and is always under my feet
she even chases the vaccum
i think shes weird
(in a nice way i luv my girl)
lion king works sometimes though and a bean bag but there are only so many times i can watch the same movie

DD may 03, DS oct 06

Sign in to follow this topic