Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Struggle Days Rss

I am a mother of a 7 months old baby and was wondering does anyone have days that are really hard and sometimes the smallest thing makes you cry and you can't stop!

The majority of the time I am fine but some days it is really hard, my little boy is an angel though so he doesn't cause me any dramas.

I was just wondering if other mothers feel like this sometimes.

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Oh Yeah, I had one of those yesterday. Jackson has a cold and just wants to be held all the time. I even had to hold him while I was cooking dinner.
Trying to get everything done before my husband comes home can be too much sometimes. Then other days Im fine. We cant be super mums ALL the time....

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Hello Michelle

thank you very much for your reply its good to know I am not alone!

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Hi,
I know exactly where you are coming from. My husband has just recently been put on afternoon shift and I work all day. When I pick up our daughter from daycare I then have everything on my own all evening and night and then the next morning. Because he is working pm shift I dont ask him to get up to her during the night. I then get really teary feeding her at 3 or 4 in the morning because I am tired and I cant understand why at 6 months she is not sleeping all night. I think in time we all just learn to handle what is thrust at us but we will still have these days. Nothing will work, the only solution I have found is an emergency block of choccie in the fridge. That and a nice cup of tea if Mackenzie goes for a nap. Maybe even take a couple of days off from housework that can wait. Of course we still have to wash up and basic things like that, but maybe there are some other chores that could wait so when baby has a nap, just put your feet up.

Good luck,
Stephanie

Stephanie, NSW, Mother of Mackenzie

I too have these days, you feel so burdened and alone. Especially being single. I find that on these days EVERYTHING does wrong and it will be the las litle thing that makes me cry. Often my son sits on my knee and crys too or sometimes just watches me with a puzzled look. I reckon just cry. As soon as bubs is asleep, have a shower or a sleep and remember to take deep breaths.
My wonderful young female Dr and mother of 4 children said to me. On the bad days just put them in the cot where they can't hurt themselves and have a shower. So that's what I do.

mum of 3

Hi I know exactly what you mean .....Some days I am full of energy, so happy and just coping well in general, then other days I am half deranged , abusing my partner and not coping at all....I was actually told by my doctor it can take up to a year for a womans body to go completely back to normal hormone wise....so im sure its just our hormones still out of wack.....Also another thing i considered was PMS .....I use to get it quite bad before I had Haley, but every other month lol, So im sure that things seem worse to me just before my periods are due and also when I am ovulating, i get a little niggly...Must admit though I have felt ten times better since Haley started sleeping through the night .....Anyway rambling on here lol, just wanted to let you know that your not alone smile

Lisa SA mum to beautiful haley born 27/9/03

my little boy has at least 1-2days a week when he cries all day and wont go to sleep. its only now i have learnt to deal with it.
i find going for a walk, or calling my mum or a friend around to watch him for a little bit even if its 30mins helps alot! and like someone else suggested - put them in the cot so they cant hurt them self, and turn your music up loud and have a shower... you cant hear a thing.
when you get out your relaxed and feel ready to go again!

Keep up the good work, im sure your doing a great job. always think positive!

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Sign in to follow this topic