Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Help! Rss

Hi everyone,
Can anyone suggest a way to stop my son from biting the cot. He has made a huge mess of the paint. I know it is non-toxic paint but still it cant be good.

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Hi Michelle,
Does he have any toys in his cot he can bite on? My son used to bite the cot all the time, so I put some toys at the end of his cot, so when he woke up he had something to occupy him, and he soon was so busy playing, he didn't bother biting the cot anymore. He only has the two bottem teeth, do he didn't do much damage, but as we have a steel cot, I was worried about him hurting his mouth. Good luck.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi mishka

My daughters cot came with plastic sleve things that went over the top sides of her cot so that when she bites it doesnt damage it.
Try looking in a baby store for some,
not sure what shops you have but over here I think the baby factory has them.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

thanx Tracey and mummyto 1,
He is actually getting worse- tonight I found a chunk of wood that he had bitten off his cot. I will see if I can find any sleeves but it is actually al;l around the cot not just the sides. Has anyone else brought any sleeves from w.a?
Michelle.

Hi Mishka

Just had another idea

Have you got anything you could wrap around the bars, or you could put him in a plastic portacot for a while until he grows out of it.
Good Luck, I hope something works soon.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Thanx mummy to 1,
Ive had no choice but to do as you said. He now falls asleep in the portacot and then we put him in his cot. we have wrapped sheets around the tops so in the morning he will not bite. Do you think he will grow out of it?

Sign in to follow this topic