Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. people putting fingers in your babies mouth!

people putting fingers in your babies mouth! Rss

ohh I hate that don't you!!!!!!

what a disgusting thing to do, one peticular family member does it all the time even though my husband and I have both caught this person doing it on different occasions and told her not to, she still does it.. "OH BUT MY HANDS ARE CLEAN" what she doesn't realise is the bacteria under the nail and the risk of cutting baby's gums with it as well. I now dislike this person comming anywhere near my baby and rarely let her hold him, and if she does I have to watch her like a hawk. Not only that but last time my baby was in the pram she knelt down to talk to him and put her mouth on the pram ( the plastic bar in front) she is disgusting. Now I find myself not being very friendly to her in order to stay away from my baby I shouldn't have to tell her every time.Why can't people be considerate and respect your wishes?

Vic, 3 y.o boy

This post has been edited by the moderator.
hello and thanks for your reply, I actually have a son not a daughter..oopps..

I try to avoid this person whenever I can and if this person comes to my house I'm polite yet don't go out of my way to make her feel welcome in anticipation she wont come back anytime soon.
I totally agree with you because it is our job as parents to protect our children no matter what.

Vic, 3 y.o boy

Hi,

I agree with both of you! This is totally disgusting, and i wouldn't accept it either. It can be hard not to cause a scene though!

Oh, yes i agree too, about it is up to us, to protect our bubs,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

hi i can understand exactly how you feel my brother in law does that to my 5 month old continuosly sticking his fingers near her mouth i have said on so many occasions " i hope you hands are clean" as my husband does not say anything...i try to stay away as much as possible to avoid it happening....sometimes i just let my anger out to my husband which probably is worse because we then argue...
Sign in to follow this topic