Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

I hate my post baby body Rss

i feel fat and ugly and have been doing everything good and i put on 3kg
i'm sposed to be losing it not gaining
far out.............. can someone plse steer me in the right direction.
im now wearing 'fat' clothes. elastic waists and sloppy big jumpers

HELP......................................

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Hi

I feel exactly the same way! I am finding it really hard to shift the kilos! I am sure you have heard it all before but the best thing is to do some form of exercise every day. I have started walking at least 40 minutes a day with baby (a good fast pace) and everyone is commenting that I seem to be losing weight (although I don't see it!). It is also great for getting out of the house and clearing the mind! Good luck!

Gabriella, Chiara & angel called home

Hi Chelby

I feel exactly the same way. My weight has been going up and down ever since I had my son 10 1/2 months ago!!! I'm really short as well so every tiny bit of weight I gain really shows. I know walking helps me a lot - the problem is getting motivated to do it. I'll go really well for a couple of weeks and then I don't know what happens. Sorry I haven't been much help - I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone.

All the best
Jasmine
its nice to know im not alone

Hi Chelby

I know exactly where you are coming from. I saw a girl today who had a 6 week old baby and it doesn't look like she has got any extra weight on her at all ... made me sick!

Here I am with a 4 month old and all my extra weight is still causing me major hassles with trying to find something to wear!!!

All my life I have been about a size 10-12 and at the moment I'm about 14-16, I absolutely HATE it! I'm the same as somebody else who answered in this post - I do really well for a few weeks then it all goes out the window! I'm finding it really hard to fit exercise into my day.... I've recently brought a Palates DVD to do at home so I'm giving that a go - I'll let you know if it helps.

Anyway ... this isn't much help to you but I just wanted to let you know that there are plenty of us out there in the same boat.

Good luck with your weight loss... :~

Debs, NZ, Mum to Rory born 19/01/04

Hi guys

I was the same until I moved and we now live on a farm. I go for a walk nearly everyday and you are right it is not easy to stay motivated but I found walking the dogs a good reason.
Also (and This may sound stupied) using like a star chart system so if you walk 5 out of 7 days then you get a reward. It doesn't have to be expensive your fourite dinner or TV programe or treat, movie, a bubble bath.
I found that I lost my weight really slowly that I didn't really notice. I do have to watch the chocolate though.

In the nearest town there is a group that is called strollersize and once a week or month they meet at a local park and walk. Maybe if you live in a town or city there maybe a group like that or you caould start one up.

Keep up the good work guys

Tineka, Mum to Hamish 3yrs, Abby 1yr & 1due 10/04

thanks everyone for cheerimg me up a little bit.

deb i would be interested on how pilates goes.
i have rsi in both wrists from hairdressing and my left knee has been sore in the joint ever since i had hannah.
so i am a bit limited.
i probly should do some swimming but its such a hassle to get a baby sitter then go get wet then get cold in winter with wet hair etc etc . i guess im just lazy and negative.

i used to do things with a friend a so she was my motivation and i was hers. she hasnt spoken to me since i told her i was pregnant last year, and so i have given up.

such is life i s'pose

good luck to everyone.

Hi Chelby

I brought a tread mill from the trading post for $100.

It was the best thing I ever did. I go on it for 20mins on fast every day when I put bubs down for a sleep.

I also eat well during the day and have something light at night. I found I lost weight faster that way. I have been keeping up this exercise and am still losing weight.

I know how you feel, it is very hard but I just found having the tread mill in the house made it easier.

Good Luck, Be Positive

Mary B

Michael, Vic, Born 11-12-03

i didnt even give the trading post a thought

thanks heaps mary smile

Thankyou for letting me know I'm not alone.

Baby: Jessika

hi chelby

i hear ya and it has been awhile since we chatted and i too am gainin rather then losing
thing is 2 years ago i weighed 58 kgs and now a woopin 83 kgs
i spoke to my clothes nearin the end of my pregnancy and promised my fav size 8 pants that i would fit into them again but it not happening

i too hate the way i look and i know that my man is turned off by it to as he can no longer throw me in the air or pick me up with one hand
thing is i used to think i was fat when i was a size 8 and would always try and cover up my stomach wen wearing a bikini but now if i could turn back the clock i would be reveling it more then b4

my man fell in love with someone who was a gym junkie and slim and petite (as i am not that tall and he is a full head and a half taller then me) and i think it is startin to break through and is where most our trouble starts he used to smile all the time when he looked at me and now to me it feels like a look of disgust

i have tried every diet and pilates (but it hurt my back as i hurt it real bad while pregnant) and i have trouble stickin to walkin everyday as i dont see wat it does and i dont get a chance

as like alot of ppl it seems i would kill for my body back and it realy upsets me that i have let myself go but finances and time is wat is holdin me back from going to the gym and i cry myself to sleep most nights cos i know my man wants the women he fell in love with

mandi

DD may 03, DS oct 06

Hey everyone

I have just read this whole post. I sort of know how you feel - while i didn't gain any extra weight apart from babies while I was pregnant my post birth weight was the same as before I was pregnant but my body has changed! I have a flabby belly and HEAPS of stretch marks but the way I look at it is that they tell a story, and if i didn't have them I wouldn't have my beautiful boys! At the end of the day I would rather have my boys than a great body - your life changes so much once you become a mummy you can't expect to look the same as before! Just treasure your children while you can and enjoy your time with them, worry about the extra kilos once they are grown up!

Sign in to follow this topic