Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Swollen feet Lock Rss

Hi all

I know I should be writing this post in the pregnancy secton, but I have had great advice from alot of you for my son whom is now 6 months old.

During my last pregnancy I had alot of fluid and my ankles swelled up so much that I had to buy a pair of shoes 2x biggr than usual.

I'm sure they are going to swell again during this second pregnancy as they have been getting itch.

Is there any advice on how to keep the swelling down.

All the best

2 Under 1

mainly just drink water to keep the fluid flowing through your body and keep your feet up as much as you can. but its all part of being preggas unfortunatly.

none of my shoes fit me anymore, my feet never really went back to normal. lucky ugg boots can mould to the shape of feet, lol smile pepermint is good to massage into your feet stops the itching and is really soothing

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

OOOhh I love peppermint foot scrubs and soaks! Nutrimetics make a great one. For the more budget conscious, Avon have now got a great range of foot products, too, including a leg rub. Some of the products have rosemary and mint in them - you may smell like a leg of lamb but you'll feel better!

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

Hi ZacsMum

I had heaps of swelling during my last pregnacy. I know it was worse if I was out and about and on my feet all day. So keep your feet up as much as possible. Also like Chelby said - I know it sounds weird when you have excess fluid - but drink lots of water as it helps to flush the excess fluid out. Try to limit your salt intake as well because when you eat salt your body holds onto as much water as it can. I hope this helps.

Take care
Jasmine
yeh i forgot about the salt intake. if i ate salt boy o boy did i know about it the next morning when i got out of bad
major case of cankles thats for sure

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Sign in to follow this topic