Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. What is the best way to meet other mums?

What is the best way to meet other mums? Lock Rss

Hey all,

My little girl is now 5 months old and we are out of that chaos period.

Most of my friends are childless or work full time and I am looking to get to meet some new people with bubs also.

What is the best way you guys have found?

Naturally I dont want to come across as a stalker or anything trying to hunt these women down.. LOL
In Victoria the Maternal and Child Health service will put you in contact with other new mums with bubbs around the same age. As for the other states I'm not sure.
Its great and reassuring to meet and talk with other mums who are going through the exact same things.
Especially if your like me and all of your friends are still going out on Sat nights until 3am!!! (And we are all 30!)
Hi I go to swimming lessons and play group with my daughter and she loves playing with other children and Jaye is 10 months old and thats how I have meet other mums and gets you out of the house with bub and have fun other mums and talk about things.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Hi there,

I was in the same situation as you. Didn't know any other mums with small babies. I went to an early childhood group through Community Health. There I met lots of other mums with same age babies as mine. We now meet once a week and talk about everything.

See if there is something like that in your town/city.

Another great place to meet other mums is at the mothers room in shopping centres! There are always mums feeding babies, and its so easy to strike up a conversation.

Good luck,

Sabine, mum of 5 months old twins Brock & Chloe
Sign in to follow this topic