Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. How did you feel when your baby was born?????

How did you feel when your baby was born????? Rss

Hi

My son is almost 9 months old and to this day I still get warm fuzzys when I think about him being born.

He is my first child and I think that the pregnancy, labour etc was the most amazing experience. The first kick was just amazing..........

I was not scared about labour at all, even though I had been told sooooo many horror stories!! I just couldnt wait to meet this little man that had grown inside me for 9 months.

When my son was placed on my stomach for the first time I got a complete rush of emotion and stared in amazement at this little person my husband and I had made. Ohhh Im soooo soppy!!!

I know not everyone has the same feelings at birth and was interested in how other people felt or to share some experiences.

I sooooo want more children and would go through the labour all over again tomorrow!!!!

Were blessed with the ability to bring life into the world - ARENT WOMAN AMAZING PEOPLE!!!!!!

Rileys Mum - 11 months

i think about it every day,and i look at Lillie's birth photos every single night snuggled up on the couch,it always bring a tear or two.
i still remember her coming out and when i looked down between my legs and noticed she was a girl!!!
and when she was wrapped up and given to sean she open her big eyes and looked straight at him,he was crying it was so beautiful,and all the visitors,especaily how proud my mother and father were,it was truelly the most amazing experience and i am so clucky we cant wait to have another baby to add to our little family
what a wonderful thread
xxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

hi
My one and only son is now 10 months old and I am always looking at the photos of the day he was born. There is a lady in my local area that takes photos of the sunrise each morning and we ended up getting one of the day my son was born it is on the wall in his room - magical
My labor surprised me and the rest of my family very much as I was prepared for the worst, I arrived at the hospital 8 cm dilated and he was born 1.5hrs later. (only time for gas)
I remember very clearly how relieved I was to finally look at him and to hold this precious little bundle in my arms 10 fingers 10 toes, healthy happy the joy and the excitement of new beginnings - i remember thinking that I would do absolutely anything to keep my child safe.
It is a moment I will always remember

Rachel, QLD mum of Zaki 21 months

I rememebr Jaye's birth like it was yesterday and it was awsome and all I could think of is that "This is our daughter" and we made her and when they put her on my stomach and when dane said that we have a baby girl and look at dane and he was crying and that's when I realise that no one could ever take this from us.

When I look at the photos when Jaye was first born she was so small and I had no idea what I was postal do and how but I wouldnt change anything at all, EXCEPT for one thing and that would be to have DRUGS cause I had a natural birth without drugs(BUGGA)

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Hiya

I'm a little different, I didn;t get the warm fuzzies when my wee girl was born. I was so drugged up to the eyeballs and it was a difficult birth. She was born with the cord wrapped around her neck and she was only on my stomach for a couple of seconds before the paediatrician wanted to check her over. When I got her back she was dressed and all wrapped up. In the meantime I was being stitched up and was so over the whole experience that when I finally held my daughter I just sort of looked at her and felt a bit distant.

But later on when we were back in our room and on our own thats when the bonding really started for me and I really looked at my daughter with wonder.

I know most people realise that not everyone feels that great wonder at birth, but i just wanted everyone to know that if the bonding doesn't happen straight away - thats ok it will come.

Sending lovely happy thoughts to all the lovely mums and their little darlings

Leanne, NZ, Ella age 2 & Sam age 6months

Sign in to follow this topic