Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Is it a boy thing? Lock Rss

Ok, so I'm a girl obviously and Ive grown up with mainly sisters apart from a little brother who is 13 years younger, so I didnt take much notice of him when I was a teenager! And with all nieces until recently it's kind of been a learning experience having boys!
Anyway, my boys are aged 4 & 2 and whilst I know that boys in general are more energetic and noisy than girls but I didnt realise how different they would be in their play.
When listening to them playing, my 4 yr old in particular seems to need to be growling in every game, or crashing his cars or 'killing' something (Ive never even let them play with guns!) or talking about boobs or willys and I can guarantee that he doesn't get that from me or my DF!! Im now worried that my 2 year old is going to start picking up his style of play.
I must say though, that my 4 year old can also be a very kind, gentle boy and often brings flowers in from the garden and present them to me - should I be worried about the types of games that he plays though? Should I be constantly pulling him up on what he's doing or will that do more harm than good?
I'm not sure but my DS1 is nearly 5 and he is the same..he's very rough in his play, he's always talking about "poos" and "diddles" etc etc, he finds that kinda stuff hilarious blink roll eyes

And yup he crashes his cars, smashes down his blocks, growls, roars, talks about killing things...and he doesn't get any of that stuff from me either, obviously!

He can also be very kind and sweet smile

I think its just boys being boys!! As I have seen the other boys at kindy behaving this way too..
not sure it is a boy thing....not sure how many times dora had died this weekend or killed another toy blink

oh and with the silly talk...my DD keeps talking about wee's and poo's like for example "i'm gunna do a poo poo in the bath...hahahaha" and "your a bum bum head" very pleasent child sometimes wacko

I think its just a kid thing!

Thank godness it not just my ds.

I was recently at the doctors with ds1 and ds2, having my checkup. and while in the waiting room ds1 starts going off about " how dad throws him to the ground and shoot him in the arm. I was so shocked and the looks i was getting fromt he old nannas... huh . I think about it now and find it funny but at the time i dont hink there was a table big enough to crawl under.
i think it just boys being boys..... well fingers crossed.unsure
Thanks so much guys, you've made me feel a lot better about it! I think I'll just relax a little and let them be boys.... Deep breaths!! grin
The biggest difference between boys and girls is the testosterone.

It is the driving force behind males and their um.....manly behaviour.

I decided a while ago that when girls are little they play with their dolls, pretend to clean house and dress up pretty etc..... and when we grow up MOST of us do the same.

When boys are little they play with cars, dismantle things and kill things or do rough and tumble play -practising for providing and protecting- and MOST of them play these roles as adults.

More so a few centuries ago than now, but for us as a species we need to have the nuturers, and the providers this is natures way of making sure that happens.

There are of course exceptions to this, not all prople fit into this theory

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

My DS is the same he is 2.5 years and he crashes he cars and trucks into the walls and makes like smash noices with them.

And when is see's boob (Mine or at the shops in a mag not that i let him look at them) he laughts and says boobies!
Today I followed the bath to wash her ??husband, only to find he did not open the water heater turning on the gas, the weather is hot, it took a ten-minute cold water bath, he is very comfortable matter, but I do not know the baby will not be uncomfortable? Mom you have a hot day the U.S. air wash cold water bath thing? So good?Mulberry Bags Outlet
Mulberry Factory Shop
well, i truely think that little boys are just big boys in small bodies, or that big boys are little boys in big bodies... i cant decide.

but, i often hear DH refer to 'killing' someone, growling (or some other crass jesture), smashing cars together (x box play) & often - very often LOL - talking about boobies... so, i say, completely natural & not likely that it will ever change!! laugh
My DS (4yrs) like everyone elses is the same. He naturally playfights often and he doesn't get it from me - or cartoons.

We allow 'killing' and fighting and even soldior games IF he is fighting something 'bad' or against something 'bad'. I ask him Q's like 'what are you fighting/killing? why? and follow it up with 'wow, your so brave.' I'd do this with DD too- it just doesn't come up as often smile

Its quite cute seeing him playing princess' and soldiors, with some of his friends who are girls. once he come running out yelling "its ok, i'll kill the monster for you, BAM BAM, He can't get you anymore!" while his friend hid behind him.

he likes 'poo' at the moment too- doesn't bother me so much but DH doesn't like it. So he just gets told not to be silly about that sort of stuff. wink

well, i truely think that little boys are just big boys in small bodies, or that big boys are little boys in big bodies... i cant decide.

but, i often hear DH refer to 'killing' someone, growling (or some other crass jesture), smashing cars together (x box play) & often - very often LOL - talking about boobies... so, i say, completely natural & not likely that it will ever change!! laugh

laugh Great example! I cant comment, I dont have a DS and my DD is too little yet (she is bloody rough though!!) but my nephews are pretty similar to what OP described smile

Sign in to follow this topic