Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. how do i know if i am depressed or just having a sad day or 2??

how do i know if i am depressed or just having a sad day or 2?? Lock Rss

why is it that people can be so polite to strangers and yet so rude to those they are supposed to love sad .
Hi,
Im nearly 20 and have a 7 and a half month old baby girl. I have the same problem one day im up on top of the world and the next day all i want to do is sleep and cry and on my low days im such a bitch to my partner even though he hasnt done nothing wrong, i also find that some mothers who go to playgroup are so competitive about whos child does this and whos child does that when they should be supporting each other.
Being a young mother also i find it really difficult to find mothers my age who arnt apart of the " wrong crowd".
Any one who wants to chat to someone empathetic email me jess4david@hotmail.com

Jessica, mum to baby Bonnie, NSW

Hi Lonely mum. Do you see a Maternal Health nurse for your baby's check- ups. They are the people that get you in the mothers group.

I think you need to have a serious talk to your husband as he should be supporting you.

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Hi Lonelymum,

How r u these days? I see that u haven't written for couple of weeks now.

I signed up to this forum at the beginning of this week even though I've been reading about various topics for a while. I thought I'd write to encourage u to stay positive for your health & your babies health.

Yeah, it's strange how people & families who love u can be so nasty & hurtful. It just shows that there r so many different kinds of people & personalities.

I hate giving advise cos I know I'm not so forgiving myself (to my PIL). So I won't make any suggestions but hope u know that people like us r out there ready to listen to u (even if u think u're issues are personal). Chin up OK?

Sarah, Mikayla's mum. Sydney

Hi all . nothing much has changed over the past few weeks.
but im still plodding along.
i know it will come back and bite him in the butt one day and he wont know what hit him.
but thanks everyone for your replies.
muchly appreciated
lonely mum,
Hi I was just wondering where you lived I dont know if I missed it in one of the posts but I was thinking maybe in the luck of the draw you might live somewhere close to me! I hope your feeling better I know how you feel! trust me!! Just a thought too, if your not happy it does affect your bub, think about what you need to change for thier sake becasue that is who you should be living for now! If you want to chat I can give you my email if you end up living to far away,
meli

Mummy to 3 Boys

Hi there! My heart went out to you reading your message, but definately hang in there! every mother has blue days and it is hard adapting to a new lifestyle, but the most important thing now is that you and your bub are happy, sometimes we need to make sacrifices (they are only temporary) to make life better even if it means leaving your partner, he doesn't sound very supportive and not a good role model for bubs, babies learn by watching emotions very fast, if you do leave, definately take bub with you - you seem to have a very mature and responsible outlook on lifestyle and a great example for your bub - only you can make yourself happy! mother groups really help and can set you up with great contacts. When youre having a tough day just think of your baby's beautiful smile and think how awful it would be to lose that, makes you think twice when that child needs you so much and loves you more than anything in the world! If you want a penpal I am from NZ and my email is lance.vanessa@xtra.co.nz
Hi there,

I was just reading all the posts and wondering how you are going??

I thought I would tell you about PANDA (Post and Antenatal Depression Association). I was having a fairly rough time after the birth of my first child. I was a young mum at 21, rough relationship but I did have good family support. Sometimes I felt as though I didn't want to cook, eat, shower, smile, talk. All I wanted to do was just sleep. BUT at the same time I did have very happy moments too.

I felt a bit embarassed and shy about talking to someone. Then I was reading a pamphlet in my sons baby health book and it had the munber. So I rang it and the lady was SSOOO nice and helpful. I started crying (its was easy because I didn't have to meet her face to face) and she made me feel so comfortable.

I talked with this lady almost everyday for about a 2 weeks and it really turned the corner for me. It also made it easier to speak to other people about it because I knew what was happening.

I hope you are feeling better and I would strongly suggest grouping up with other mothers in a mothers group/gymbaroo/playgroup. Just ask your baby health nurse she should be able to help.

All the best smile smile smile

PANDA-(03) 9428 4600 . Sorry I only have a VIC number but maybe if you call they may have a Sydney counterpart.

Catherine,VIC,mother of 2

hi lonely mum i feel the same at time im happy and times im sad i dont have many friends around either so i suppose its normal

helen,nsw,babygirl,26/10/04

Has anyone heard from lonely mum??????
She hasn't posted anything since dec 04
abit worried hope all is well with everyone

We all have bad days some more than others, but just think those smiles really do outcry the baby temper matches smile

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

I think that if you are feeling depressed at any time just look at your baby and relise how lucky you are to have made such a beutiful thing!! Some people dont have the chance to do this!! We are the richest people in the world having a child and nothing should ever let us think different! This is what I do as I live away from my family and dont have any freinds where I live but I dont need them as long as I have my beutiful boy who is with me 24/7. Yes he is testing his limits and we have bad days but I argee that the smiles and laughter always out weighs and makes me forgets those toubled days!! Just keep your head up and do it for your child!!!!!

Mummy to 3 Boys

hey - Im late I know to reply to this - I just discovered this great site - my world is in a void!
How are u doing? x

Jayne
Sign in to follow this topic