Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Billings Method Lock Rss

Hi Mums

Just wondering if any of you out there use this method for contraception or to get pregnant?

I have been reading about it on their web site and have downloaded the chart to track the mucus changes but am a bit unsure of exactly when in the cycle it is possible to get pregnant.

From what I can tell it is about 9 or 10 days from the start of your period till about 12 to 14 days before your next period is due (leaving a window of about five or so days). Depending on the changes in mucus of course.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I just find it all a little confusing.

Thanks
Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

Hi Kristi,

I have been using the billings method for nearly three years now both to get pregnant and not to get pregnant. I got the info from my sister who has had tremendous problems falling pregnant and it also helped her. The whole process can be a little complicated but for me I find that as long as I abstain from sex, or use a condom, for around 3 days whilst the mucus is stringy and clear I am safe from falling pregnant. I found that for both of my pregnancies I had sex on the first day that the mucus was stringy and also for 3 days after and fell pregnant each time. You really need to be aware of your cycle and also your mucus. (how gross does that sound!!)

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Kirsty

Kirsty, VIC, 03.03.03 and 25.02.05

Hi,

A friend of mine swears by it and tried to get me to do it...I decided not too after she feel pregnant with her 6th bub...not planned lol!! Actually, most had been unplanned!! She's a great mum and amazing to have 6 kids!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Sign in to follow this topic