Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. How much did teething effect your babies sleep?

How much did teething effect your babies sleep? Lock Rss

My DD is teething and become quite wrestless at night. Its rather frustrating as she had started sleeping through - almost 4 weeks of great sleep for all of us.

She seems to have a little whinge / cry with her eyes closed, its like she is doing it in her sleep. If I put the dummy in, she settles quickly. If I let he go, she crys herself awake.

Last night for example she had me up every two hours, feeding only once at 1.30am.

I suppose I'm fishing for ideas to get through this stage. I always have it in the back of my mind that I might set up bad routines if I do thinks like giving her a dummy every time she grizzles.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi Kazi,

We managed to get 1 week in of good sleep before teething mucked it up again...only took about 5.5mths to finally get a full nights sleep!!

Nadia has been waking up all through the night lately and I know it's her teeth as she grabs whatever she can and chews really hard on it! She won't have a dummy even just to chew on so I give her a towelling nappy or a towelling face washer and she loves it!

The last 2 nights I have been giving her a dose of Panadol before bed to help her settle and she manages to sleep for a few hours before waking...am going to start giving her a dose in the middle of the night too I think! Also now they are 6 months old I am going to start giving her a dose of Neurofen too as I found this so much better than Panadol with my other 2 when they teethed!!

Hope you get some more sleep soon!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Sign in to follow this topic