Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Night L ights? Rss

hi does anyone use a night light for there little one? if so do they help bubs sleep better? my daughter seems to be unsettled at night and she has been for quite awhile half the problems teeth but i also think she may be scared of the dark because when she wakes up she gets frightened and want settle back down last night she woke up and the 2 nights before she slept straight through any tips would be great thanx
also where can i buy a good night light?
Dear twinkletoes,
We had the same problem with our 7 month old baby boy, Bailey. He was waking in the night and crying but it sounded like a frightened cry so we went and bought a lamp for him from target, its just a normal bed side lamp with "Bob the builder" on it, then we got the lowest whottage bulb we could find and left the light on for him, and guess what it worked. Hope this helps. and also we have the Ocean Wonders Aqurimum by fisher price which he loves, and that has a light , bubbles and plays music for about 5-10 mins.
Take Care

sulee,nsw,babyb'day15/8/2003

This post has been edited by the moderator.
Hi Twinkletoes,
We started off using a nightlight for George, but found he was waking up too much. We ended up removing it and he slept much better. I think this is something that you have to try as all children are different.
If you are going to try one, go to a hardware store or electronics store to price them. You won't get one with a cutesy picture on the front, but it will be much more reasonably priced than something from a baby store. At least that way if it doesn't work you didn't break the bank.
Best of luck

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

Hi Twinkletoes
I leave a dim light on for my little one and he sleeps much better. I think they like to see there
surroundings when they wake up.

good luck

Mary

Michael, Vic, Born 11-12-03

Hi,

I have a tiny little "Tiny Tippee", plug in wall night light! It is perfect for us, no real light, just a shine!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi there,

I bought night lights for my first two children.. the ones that just plug into a power point and found that they get very hot and burn out easily.. and I also found some lamps to be too bright, especially in the middle of the night when everything else was dark!

I found the best night light to be my alarm clock which has a night light on it and it has just the right amount of brightness so that you can still see but it is not too bright..

They cost around $20- $25 from K-Mart or BigW.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Brodie's mama, NT

hi guys thanx for all the advice i am going to purshase some kind of night light this week and see if anything changes hopefully this is the problem thanx i will let you know how we go.
Sign in to follow this topic