Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Right time to move to cot

Right time to move to cot Lock Rss

Hi,

I'm just wondering when other people have moved their babies from basinettes (in parents room) into cots in their own room and how?

My baby is 3 months old and I was thinking it would be good to have her in her own room by xmas but I don't know whether I should or not. There's no problem with her being in our room and its easier but I just feel she would be better in her own room because thats where she is going to be for a long time.

Have people moved them at a certain age or when they're too big for basinettes or other reasons?

And how did you go about doing it? I've been told to leave her in the basinette but put it inside her cot first so its not such a huge change? Thing is the other day I put her into a different basinette at my parents house and she went to sleep alright so maybe she won't mind the change of setting.

She hates our room because she knows as soon as we walk in that I am going to put her to bed and she screams (not much of a sleeper) but her room is one of her favourites and her change table is definitely her fav place. Does this mean she will like her room and possibly sleep or will she begin to also hate this room? I guess nobody can answer that.

Anyway sorry for such a long post but any suggestions or ideas or stories on how others have gone about it would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS
Hi Kel

DD was in a bassinet in our room, until about 3.5 mths. Then I put her into her own room & put her in a tetra snugglebed in the cot so she wouldnt feel so "lost" with all the space in there. I kept her in the snugglebed until about 6 mths & then to get her used to sleeping on the cot mattress itself, I would only use the snugglebed for night sleeps. After about a week or so she slept in the cot without the snugglebed. Now she sleeps in the cot in her room no probs! Good luck with it.

Sign in to follow this topic