Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. was sleeping through,now up 2 times a night

was sleeping through,now up 2 times a night Rss

my beautiful 12 week old girl was sleeping from 9.30pm to 7.30am,but only 'catnapping through the day.i put into place a routine which is basically,2 hours up 2 hours down,which works wonderfully as my 2 and 1/2 year old now recieves the attention he so desparatly wanted,yet since starting this routine,my daughter is now going to bed at 7pm,i am giving her a 'dream' feed at 10.30pm,and she is then waking at 3am ish and then again at 6am.i have resorted to feeding her(breastfeeding)at the 3am time as the rest of the family needs sleep,but i am stretching her out for a 7am feed,so that our routine during the day can work.i am feeding every 4 hours and as i say the days are now fantastic,but can anybody please tell me where our nights went?or is it a case of you cant win them all?
Hi Sharn,

This baby thing really is challenging. Once you figure them out, they go and change things. I had same situation with my daughter at about the same age. All I can say, is stick with it, she'll eventually get it. You really need to decide if she's hungry or just looking for comfort. Try to resettle her with patting, dummy etc before she gets wound up. I decided to let Lisa cry herself back to sleep a couple of times and that seemed to work. I picked the weekend, so it didnt disturb hubby too much. However, I dont have any other children so it was easier for me.

Hope you get some sleep soon.

Pamela, SA, mum to Lisa 23.10.03

Hi,

I agree with eskimo pie, just stick to your routines and she will soon go back to her old self of sleeping thru. As already mentioned, try all other methods of settling her before feeding, as she might start to think this is a good idea and keep waking for a feed!

Congrats on getting the days sorted out,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Sign in to follow this topic