Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Unwrapped only at night

Unwrapped only at night Rss

Can anyone help me with ideas as how to stop wrapping Liam during the day. I've been putting him in a sleeping bag suit at night and I just put him down, tuck in his blanket give him his dummy and he's off for about 12-14hrs.
His day sleeps are a different thing altogether. I've tried putting him down with the dummy and leaving him only going in every 10 minutes. Didn't work. I tried the sleeping bag suit same way we do for the night. Didn't work.
I'm at a loss, after I've tried everything I end up wrapping him and he's asleep before he's been tucked in so I know that he's tired.
I'd like to stop wrapping him as he can now roll onto him tummy and I'm worried if he does this wrapped he wont be able to get back.
Kristy

member since 2004

Hi Kirsty,

I asked the same question a few weeks ago. It was suggested to me to wrap him but leave one arm out for a few nights then two arms then wrap just his torso. Try that and see how you go. I havent started it yet as Liana loves beening wrapped. I'm trying no dummy this week, so the wrap might be next

Kez

Kerryn, SA, baby girl 20/11/03

ok forget the 'no dummy' !!!!!!!!!!
I cant stand the crying anymore.

So the wrapping gets the flick today instead. All I wont is a sleeping baby through the night

Kez

Kerryn, SA, baby girl 20/11/03

Hi Kez Cap
we're still wrapping during the day, I try no wrap every couple of days but he just lays there and plays until he's over tired then I give in and wrap him as he's so grumpy and he's asleep before I'm out the door.
I bought Liam a sleeping bag suit for night and its that big that he doesn't need wrapping as its so big and padded he must feel like he's wrapped. I found at night was the easiest time to start as he goes to sleep quicker at night in the dark.
Only in the last week or so will he fall asleep in his pram sitting up, but he won't stay asleep for long, though I haven't tried laying him down once asleep, next step.
I'm not too stressed over the dummy as he really only has it to sleep, so its not a big deal as he's slept 12 hours since we stopped wrapping him at night.
Kristy

member since 2004

I still wrap my little man but only wrap his legs, otherwise he kicks his blankets off. I will get a sleeping bag soon though as he cant be wrapped forever!

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Sign in to follow this topic