Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Post deleted from Sleep and Settling section

Post deleted from Sleep and Settling section Rss

Hi I was just wondering if someone could shed some light on a little problem. The other week i bought a copy of Maree Viotto's Its time to sleep book and DVD. After viewing the video and reading the book i thought i would come on here and see if any of the other mums would like to borrow it as i have finished with it. I received an email on friday saying my post had been deleted because it had material that was deemed unsuitable. Could anyone tell me why they do that when you are only trying to save someone money.
Any replys would be great. thanks
Brooke

brooke,21,qld

Hi Brooke,
I really don't know why that happened? This site has been a bit strange lately....possums in the works perhaps? My recipe was deleted in the July recipe of the month and also another post asking what had happened to it. I see no reason why you cannot offer to lend your book/video, unless of course, there is some copywrite law forbidding you to do so?

Jo

mum of 1

Im sure its because you would be denying Maree Viotto of any income if you were to lend it out. She is contributing to the posts on the Sleep and Settling. What a shame as Im sure there are some desperate mums out there who are doing it tough on a single income like myself.

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

I agree with JZ - I am sure it would have something to do with the fact that Maria Viotto contributes to the Sleep and Settling Forum and recommends mothers buy her video. There is nothing wrong with advertising your product but it is unfair to deny mothers the opportunity of borrowing a video...! I think it would all come back to her anyway - if the product is good then it will be recommended by word of mouth.

Gabriella, Chiara & angel called home

Hi everyone

Thank you for your replys. Well I thought I was doing the right thing by offering the video to people to lend as I know money can be tight bringing up children. But obviously they want people to buy the video. It is a very good video but once you watch it there is no further need for it. Anyway thanks for all of your replys.

Thanks
Brooke

brooke,21,qld

Hi Brooke

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Unfortunately your original post was removed because of a commercial arrangement entered into with Maree Viotto and her It's time To Sleep book and DVD. We do appreciate your intentions. We are currently in discussions with Maree regarding offering her book and DVD at a discount to our Members.

Thanks for participating in Huggies Parents Exchange and we look forward to the next time you are on line.

Regards
Lauraine
I have just purchased the dvd and book myself, after waiting 5 weeks for the book to come into the store(5 weeks ago i needed it). I would have waited if there was going to be a discount!!! damn!!!! lol.....
Anyway I found the dvd helpful. I would reccommend it to any new mum or someone that has no real routine.
Liana is sleeping alot better these days but she's still waking some night and just chatting to herself. I tried the settling techniques and they seemed to work ok. I guess because she's never really been a cry baby when it comes to sleep time, more a lie here type. The settling isnt a big issue, but I know I have to get her out of that habit and teach her to sleep straight away.... oh the joys!! if it's not one thing it's another!!

Kez

Kerryn, SA, baby girl 20/11/03

Sign in to follow this topic