Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. What age do i drop the wrap???

What age do i drop the wrap??? Lock Rss

Hi all just wanting to know what age do you drop the wrap?

Hi Michelle,

It's the 64 thousand dollar question!! I think the answer is, at whatever age they let you!

If you look down the page, I posted a question "wrapped to unwrapped". I have a 4 month old who needs to be wrapped to sleep, but doesn't want to be. She really puts on a temper tantrum at being put into bed wrapped, but if I loosen the wrap and let her get her hands out, 10minutes later I'm back trying to settle her because her arms are flaying about and she is upset!! She really turned it on last night and I tried different ways of wrapping, leaving the wrap loose, forgetting the wrap all together. She was awake every 2 hours. Eventually I got tired of it all and I wrapped her up tight and she slept for 4hrs straight, woke up had a bottle and I put her back to bed wrapped again and she is going on for 4hrs again, when she normally only sleeps for an 1hr after her morning bottle.

If you can put bub's to bed without being wrapped and they are sleeping ok, then forget the wrap and lucky you! A friend of mine still wrapps her boy and he is 12months old. Good luck!

Angie, DE 15/12/05 ,TAS

I think a good guide is when your baby is starting to wriggle out of it. Once they start getting their arm (s) out a few nights in a row, its usually time. I didn't do that, learnt the hard way - lol. I kept wrapping DD tighter, trying to pin her down. In the end it made it a lot harder to finally unwrap her at 6 months. I was so worried she wouldnt' sleep without being wrapped, but after a few tough nights she was roaming the cot and sleeping all over the place - lol.

Best of luck, it really is such a big step isn't it !

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi all I stop wrapping my daughter when she was about 2 1/2 months old cause she loved having her hands above her head and that the way she slept and she is like that now and she is 9 1/2 months old and I reckon its up to the parents when they think their children already to be unwraped but if you child loves to wrap than just leave it.

Good luck

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic