Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. baby wont sleep in day HELP!!!!!

baby wont sleep in day HELP!!!!! Rss

Can anybody help me?? CC is 6 months old, he goes to bed at 5.30pm there is no way I could stretch this out any longer, he is just down right grumpy and ready for bed, he goes down without a peep as I started controlled crying which is going great, but here is my problem, CC wont sleep in the day now unless I put him in the car, rock him for hours on end or let him use the nipple as a dummy for hours while he dozes, just wondering if anyone has tried contolled crying during the day as well and if so does it work? He is getting overtired and I dont know what to do
That is a tricky one, as when DD was 6 months - I didn't really let her cry. I was feeding every 4 hours and never had dramas getting her to sleep in the day. In the 3 months since using control crying, I have let her have a whinge to get her to sleep for the occasional day nap. If you are able to deal with the control crying concept and willing to do it, then there is no reason you can't apply it in the day naps too. Its certainly a bit extreme for you to have to put bubs in the car to get him to sleep - I mean, it would be frustrating for you.

I know every body is probably saying this, could it be teething? Do you have kind of suspicion as to why he is playing up in the day? It could well be he is cottoning onto the fact that you are having SO MUCH FUN (yeah right - lol) why he is in his cot - lol.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

I know exactly what you are going through, my daughter who is now three was the same way she would not sleep more than 10 mins at a time throughout the day and was always grumpy. By 6 months we had booked into tressilian and before we went there we had a phone interview where the gave me a plan to follow. It involved putting her down at 9 and then again at 1 and then for a short nap if she needed one before a bedtime at about 7.30pm. It was hard for the first couple of days to keep her up, she kept falling asleep in my arms but i just keeped waking her (even though she was grumpy) and it also included controlled crying during the day sleeps. It was hard but it sure paid off and became a great little sleeper after about 2 weeks, and we didnt have to go to tressilian after all. As a matter of fact i am going through it again now with my 5 month old, but he sleeps ok, he just keeps waking for his dummy.
Goodluck and let me know how you go.

pam,nsw, 13 months and 4 yo

The only time that my daughter has slept in her cot during the day was when she was first born and she would sleep for 3 hours and I love it but since she has gotten older she doesnt sleep that long during the day, Jaye only sleeps for half hour if im lucky and I put music on for her and that keeps her happy but if control crying helps during the night for you maybe you should try control crying during the day and might be teething?

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic