Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. HELP! Takes 2 hrs to get her to sleep at night

HELP! Takes 2 hrs to get her to sleep at night Lock Rss

Is there anyone that can help me! My 5 mnth old breastfed baby self settles really well during the day - come her night time sleep it takes at least 2 hours to get her to sleep...and generally I'll have to go for a walk or rock her to sleep. I'm not sure if she is overtired or not tired at all-maybe I should be keeping her up a bit longer however, she is showing tired signs (rubbing eyes and sooky). Once I get her to sleep she will often sleep through until 7-730am though there are nights she may wake up at 430-5am for feed and then back to sleep. I don't know what else to try. I've been trying the whole controlled crying thing at night - but it just doesn't work...and she is an angel during the day...Help!!!!

7-730 wake
730-8am feed
830 sleep
11 wake/feed
1pm sleep
230-3pm wake
3pm feed
445-515/530 nap
6pm feed (1 boob) and 1 tsp cereal
630pm bath
7pm feed (2nd boob)
715/730pm bed
dreamfeed 10-1030pm

Finally goes to sleep 830-9pm

Gosh, you do have it tough. That would be really frustrating, you poor bugger. One thing that stood out to me was the late afternoon nap. It could make a difference if you skip the 4.45-5.15/30 nap. Personally, I find that DD can't sleep past 4pm or I have a hell of a time at night. I learnt that pretty early on too, not sure its the case with your bub - but might be worth a shot.

If you can get bubs sleeping from 2.30pm to 3.30pm or even 4pm - I think it could make a difference. Maybe you could leave her in the cot a bit longer each afternoon - see if she will even stay in there and play (still resting as such). Give her a boobie feed around 4pm - then do the solids (dinner) before the bath, then final boobie feed before bed.

It might mean you give her dinner and a bath a bit earlier though - depending on if she gets hungry or shows tired signs. I find DD is hungry by about 5.15-5.30pm so we have dinner then, off to bath, boobie feed after and she is out to a light from about 6.30-7pm (at the latest).

Sorry I am not much help. That is really the only thing I could see from your routine that might make a difference. It could be a separation anxiety thing though - no the late nap. Best of luck !

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic