Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Their own room Lock Rss

Ella is 6 weeks and I have her sleeping in a bassinette next to my bed. I feel very comfortable knowing she is close but am finding it hard to let her grizzle because of the small space between us. We do have a room all set up for her with a beautiful cot ready, but I am feeling it very hard to let her out of my ear shot. We don't have a monitor at the moment but I want to get one this week.

I don't want her to start thinking that sleeping in our room is the norm because that will make it harder for us to settle her in her own room later on?

What age do you recommend putting them in their own room to sleep?

Any advise would be appreciated as I don't know what my next step should be!
You put them in their own room when YOU are ready. There is no rule for this....

For myself, DS was in his own room from day one as he was a VERY noisy sleeper! We even had to turn the sensitivity of the monitor down!!

Others on here will say they did not move bubs until they grew out of the basinett....each to their own, there is not one 'right' way.

Do what feels right for you and what you are comfortable with.
Hiya

DS was 6 months before I moved him into his own room. I did get a few comments from friends but DH and I were not ready to move him at that stage.

It's completely up to you.

If you want your bubs next to you, then do it smile

They aren't babies forever.

Hi there. Congratulations on your precious bundle. smile

I wouldn't worry too much about your little girl getting 'too used' to being in your room. We had our DS in our room until he was about 9 or 10months. I loved having him close. He was fully BF too, which made those night feeds easier. He transitioned really easily into his own room.

The SIDS recommendations are for 6-12months in the parents room, but in their own sleeping space like bassinet or cot.

Hiya

DS was 6 months before I moved him into his own room. I did get a few comments from friends but DH and I were not ready to move him at that stage.

All my babies slept in their own room, in a cot from the moment they were bought home from hospital. We have never owned a baby monitor, but I am a light sleeper, and wake as soon as I hear one of my kids cry out - even my 3rd bubba who had a quiet cry compared to the other 2.
If you think she'll get too comfy being in your room, maybe you should move her as soon as possible, and buy a monitor if you're worried you won't hear her. But, it's up to you - whatever you feel is right!

You put them in their own room when YOU are ready. There is no rule for this....

Do what feels right for you and what you are comfortable with.

I have to agree with this. We had our DS in his own room in the 'big' cot on day 2. The only reason he wasn't in there day 1 was I was too scared about how to short sheet his bed. It really is whatever you are comfortable with.

Hiya

sorry tongue

Sign in to follow this topic