Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Still not sleeping Lock Rss

I seem to regularly post in this section... So thank you everyone for your advice, but I'm back again! DD is now 11 months. Which means I haven't slept for 11 months! seriously I think I'll go crazy! DH works all day and can't help much over night , for medical reasons he must sleep. I'm really starting to feel depressed, I have no motivation and just feel like crap. Basically things were bad then we went overseas for a month when she was 9 months. Then we got home for a month and moved across the country. Have been in new house a week but she will not sleep at night for long stretches. (maybe three hours at a time) and now she will only nap in my arms. If she goes anywhere near the cot she screams hysterically. Tried everything. Although cc is the only thing left. Things have gone from bad to worse. DH thinks she just needs a few weeks to let her settle in and realise this is home now. But he's not the one holding a sleeping baby all day and night! Should I just get tough and do cc? Problem is DH is a softy and gives in and just says put her in our bed. He can't stand seeing her cry so much, or me for that matter!! But I'm so exhausted. I can't take much more. I want to be happy through the day so I enjoy her more. But I need to sleep to be happy.
Neither of us have any family here or friends. I have no support network. It's just the three of us!
Sorry for the long post, think I just need to vent a little!!

Ps. I am currently holding a sleeping baby. Man she's getting heavy now!! Lol wink
hello so sorry to hear not going well.
My friend had the same problem
try offering water at night when she wakes
I think this is the age where they can pull the wool over your eyes.
you will have to be tough your the boss
just insist she sleeps in her bed even if she crys the house down.
you will win your the boss keep telling your self she has to sleep in her cot.
good luck
just re-read your post
yes do cc
we just did it
keep rolling her on her side every ten minutes
pating on the back if she wouldnt settle. she is only four months..
she was doing my head in too...just to get her to sleep would take like atleast 45 minutes. we went to sleep school and now she is good one week later
she cryed it out and learnt to settle her self to sleep.
sounds weird but the government recommends to let babies fall asleep by there own.
they will cry but thats how they selft settle.
if yoiu got a clinic near you get a referral to sleep school or just go guns and do it.
just go in there every10 or so minutes and try to calm her by not picking her up....thats what they told us to do

good luck....
just re-read your post
yes do cc
we just did it
keep rolling her on her side every ten minutes
pating on the back if she wouldnt settle. she is only four months..
she was doing my head in too...just to get her to sleep would take like atleast 45 minutes. we went to sleep school and now she is good one week later
she cryed it out and learnt to settle her self to sleep.
sounds weird but the government recommends to let babies fall asleep by there own.
they will cry but thats how they selft settle.
if yoiu got a clinic near you get a referral to sleep school or just go guns and do it.
just go in there every10 or so minutes and try to calm her by not picking her up....thats what they told us to do

good luck....
You may be suprised! CC worked for us, I realised in the end that DS and DD prefer to go to sleep on their own. DS especially, he would cry a lot when he was tired, so I would rock him for up to an hour, one day just decided to put him down when he was showing tired symptoms, and he went to sleep! DD her first time of CC was asleep within 5mins!!!

I don't believe in them getting really worked up, but they will protest a little.

Good luck
Thanks all for your advice. We have since tried sleep training (cc) but to no avail. Stuck to it for two weeks and she would cry endlessly until she collapsed from exhaustion, only to wake two hours later and start again. She's back in our bed happy as larry. Things are much better as I got a kindle and can now read without the pages waking her every time I turn over! Hopefully she'll grow out of it and things will settle... One day!
i would try when she wakes up just hold her and talk to her but dont feed her she might cry abit but probibly not for to long we tried this with my son now 10 weeks they get tired and fall asleep and once she falles asleep rap her up really tight and put her back down again but dont feed her in less it is the last thing you can do and do it eveery time she wakes up during the night and they soon lorn that thay are not going to get the feed so they start sleeping longer a couple of nights of that with my son and he has been sleeping throw the night ever since now i put him down at 7 and i have to wake him up at 10:30 to feed him again or he will wake up at 4 or 5 in the morring but with that feed at 10:30 he sleeps throw till 7
Sign in to follow this topic