Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Hungry and waking up at night

Hungry and waking up at night Rss

My 5 month old has recently begun to wake up twice in the night due to hunger. Previously he used to sleep from 8pm until 7 - 8am without waking for feeds. It seems that no matter how much he drinks before I put him down to sleep, he will still wake up at 1am and 5am.

I have started weaning him to the bottle during the day, however I still breast feed him prior to putting him down for the night and throughout the night. I have also started to feed him Farex at about 5.30pm. He usually eats about 2-3 teaspoons at this time (he won't eat anymore!)

Can anyone give me any suggestions on what else I can try to get him to sleep through.

Astrid, NSW

could it be a growth spurt?

Tania. WA, Daniel - 26/01/06... smile

My 8 month old is doing the same thing and has been for a couple of weeks too. Sometimes i think he wakes with a pain in his belly. So he has ended up in our bed for the past week...think he is liking that too much.

This is what i have tried and it might work for you:
putting a sheet on his window to stop any light coming and make sure the room is nice and warm,
playing music... am yet to try that, giving him the bottle at night to fill him up a bit more. or the opposite trya light in their room.

I think they just start going through little frustrated stages and don't really know what they want....a bit hard for us to know what is going on!

Sal, two mischief boys 4yrs & 16 mth's

Hi my little girl is nearly 6mths and is doing exactle the same thing and i find it easier to just feed her and then she settles but she wakes up wide awake not even crying but i still feed her as is the only way to settle her at 1am in the morn, i think it has become more of a habit, so if you find any way to settle him off without feeding i would be greatful to hear how you do it?? by the way are you a nurse?

Renay, NSW, 6mth baby girl.

Sign in to follow this topic