Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Day sleeps Rss

I have a 12 week old boy who sleeps amazingly at night and has done from 6 weeks old. He sleeps from 8pm-6am. He is breastfed and has roughly 9 20 minute feeds a day (roughly 10 minutes each side) and feeds about every 2 hours. However he hardly sleeps at all during the day. He falls asleep on the boob and as soon as I move him his awake. He will sleep longer in the pram or car but that doesn't help when we are at home.
I have tried wrapping him like I do at night in his sleeping bag, darkened room etc but to no avail he just cries and cries. Any suggestions??
My bub is much the same, baby wearing during the day has helped me heaps as he will otherwise stay awake all day if not snuggled up next to me. smile

Have you tried letting him sleep in a rocker or on the floor during the day. I would not recommend doing the same night-time routine during the day as he may get confused and might change the great sleeping at night. I know with all my kids during the day they liked to be where we were and then they would snooze. Just do what works for you and your little one.

Thanks so much ladies smile
Hi, I have a 6 week old who has the same dilemma. She sleeps generally well overnight but doesn't sleep more than 10 minutes generally unless on my lap. The floor wouldn't work for us, it's a small house with a dog inside. When you say rocker, do you mean a baby swing?
Jenniferkywalsh wrote:
Hi, I have a 6 week old who has the same dilemma. She sleeps generally well overnight but doesn't sleep more than 10 minutes generally unless on my lap. The floor wouldn't work for us, it's a small house with a dog inside. When you say rocker, do you mean a baby swing?

No does not have to be a swing. Just a chair that reclines a bouncer what every really. I had a fisher price one and my kids loved it. It was a rocker and then turned into a chair as they grow.

This is something like I had.

http://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/brands/babyge...

Thanks, there are so many choices. I guess the only way is to try each type at the stores.
We used a vibrating bouncer during the day a lot - our son wouldn't always fall asleep but the vibrations would definitely help him relax for a bit. I guess it's a bit like the motion he would be getting if he was in the pram on bumpy pavement?! It is a lifesaver to allow me to have my hands free and get stuff around the house done while he is up!

Ours is Fisher-Price too - highly recommend it.
http://www.fisher-price.com/en_AU/brands/babyge...

We were given ours but you can get them at Target. As far as comfort/fit goes, he's been comfortable in it since 2 weeks old - he's now nearly 5 months and 9kg (he's quite chunky!).

Good luck!!
Jasmith-833 wrote:
I have a 12 week old boy who sleeps amazingly at night and has done from 6 weeks old. He sleeps from 8pm-6am. He is breastfed and has roughly 9 20 minute feeds a day (roughly 10 minutes each side) and feeds about every 2 hours. However he hardly sleeps at all during the day. He falls asleep on the boob and as soon as I move him his awake. He will sleep longer in the pram or car but that doesn't help when we are at home.
I have tried wrapping him like I do at night in his sleeping bag, darkened room etc but to no avail he just cries and cries. Any suggestions??

If he likes to sleep in pram, maybe you can keep him sleeping in pram inside your house

If he likes to sleep in pram, maybe you can keep him sleeping in pram inside your house[/quote]

I second that, although he may get excited and then confused because prams are associated with going out but try and if it works great smile
You are one of the blessed few with a good night sleeper hah
My 9 week old does this too, he will sleep in his cot perfectly over night, from about 10pm till 5am, wakes for a feed then goes back to sleep until about 8-9am. But he is the same during the day, he will fall asleep on me and the second I try to put him down he wakes! Drives you crazy sometimes! I just bought a rainforest friends fisher price swing and he does love it, keeps him content, although still won't sleep in it.
He only wants to be cuddled or walked around with or rocked to sleep during the day.
But at least he sleeps well during the night. I shouldn't complain lol
So I'm not sure what the answer is, if you find out, plz let me know too!

Our 14 week old has little naps (30min - 45min) wherever he happens to be at the time throughout the day. We just leave him where he is (except the car obviously). Sometimes its on his playmat, sometimes his pram, sometimes my lap...works well when we are out because he will nap anywhere and through anything!
Sign in to follow this topic