Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Early Waking Rss

Hi everyone. Hamish is now 7 mths old and since he was 6 weeks old he has slept from 6.30pm to 6.30am - straight through - but now he is waking up at 4.30am-5am.

I have tried to put him to bed later - by letting him have a little afternoon kip around 4.30-5.00pm for 1/2 an hour but putting him to bed at 8.00pm - but he still wakes up at this time.

And he is really awake at this time - but by 7.00am he goes back for 1/2 an hour? - I am going to try darker curtains as the sun starts to shine here after 5.00am. - any suggestions?

Deb, Edmonton, Hamish 26/03/03 Toby 16/03/05

I had to smile when I read your post becaue the same thing is happening at my house! My daughter is almost 7 months and used to sleep in our room until recently. Our room is dark as we have a shutter but her room lets a bit of light in and she wakes at the first little glimmer. I have someone coming around later today to give me a quote to get a shutter put on my daughters bedroom window - we wanted to do this anyway but are hurrying it up because of the early waking. I will let you know if this works! Fingers crossed...
My daughter is exactly the same. She has always been an early riser, waking around 6-6.30am, but now that it's lighter in the morning, she gracefully wakes up at 5am. No matter what we do she's ready to go for another day.
Don't you just love them!!

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

Hi my son is 9 mths as well, he wakes up mostly between 5 - 5:30am, regardless of what time he goes to bed. He has been doing this for as long as i can remember sad He room is very bright in the morning.

Matthew, born March 2003

My little man is the same, he gets up between 6- 6.30 every day!! and is back in bed by 9! It is really frustrating, I am currently moving him into his own room, that is a bit darker than ours so I hope he will sleep abit longer in the mornings! You are not alone in trying to fix the problem!!

Em Tmba - mum to Liam 31/7/03 & Callum 7/5/05

Hi to all,
My son is almost 8 months old, and he sleeps in his own room in which the window doesn't face east (the sun rises in the east). He also has dark curtains. His room isn't pitch black, but it is dark, although you can walk around his room and still see where you are going. He goes to bed around 8pm every night, and sleeps through until 7.00am - 8.00am, sometimes even longer if it is a cloudy morning. Hope this gives you some idea's. I learnt from experience. My other 2 kids were early rises too!!!

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi,
I was having the same problem with Ella (5.5months old) she was waking between 4.30-5.30 every morning without fail, her curtains arent very dark so i hung a big thick blanket up at her window one night just to see if it made a difference and she slept til 7am the next morning..... I havent been able to buy new curtains but that blanket is my best friend and gets hung at her window every night! smile

Bel

Belinda, WA, lovely baby girl

Sign in to follow this topic