Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Over tired baby Lock Rss

Hi All,

My little girl is 4 months old and is currently having a growth spurt (went from 45 minute naps to now only being awake for 45 mins between four hourly feeds - bottle fed) Trouble is at the moment is that if I have to go out with her she gets overtired because she is sticky beaking at everything and she just goes from happy one minute to hysterical screaming as if she is being hurt because she is so tired. I pick her up and try and settle her and she immediatly gets sleepy in my arms - as soon as I put her in her pram again she will fight it and scream again (really loud) I eventually win but this is quite embarrassing when I am out. Will this pass once her sleepy growth spurt finishes and she has more awake time. I am just trying to stay home at the moment for her benefit hoping it will pass.
Thanks,
Abbi's mum
Hi Abbi's mum

I am having the same problem with my 4mth old son at the moment except he just wont sleep for more than 30 minutes at a time by the afternoon he is just beside himself and you cant do mach to calm him down.

I to am hoping this will pass.

take care

jo, 2yr old DS

Hey Jod,

Thanks for the reply, She seems to be a little better although I have not taken her too far just incase. It is really embarrassing when you are in public hey - I never thought I would be one of those mums who would care what people thought but it looks as though I just may be - for now anyway.

Fingers crossed this is just one of those stages - goodluck to you.
Abbis mum.
hi Abbi's mum,
my little man Kayden is almost 4months and he keeps waking up like you have discribed its kinda like he is checking up on me between his 2hour "GOOD NAP" time and it rells like its just to see what im doing or what im up to. then he goes back to sleep. but he is starting to change, and he is now awake for much longer during the day.
i found also that the days i stay home are much worse because i dont have my mind concerntrating on other things... where as if im out i dont notice it as much, because he is quiet happy to sit and watch whats going on!

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Sign in to follow this topic