Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. 13 week old baby - big sleeper. Normal?

13 week old baby - big sleeper. Normal? Lock Rss

Hi all, my thirteen week old boy is a great sleeper. He sleeps 12 or more hours at night and still needs to sleep for a good 6 or so hours during the day. Is this normal? Sometimes Mum just wants to play a bit longer now that he is so much fun.

Sharon
Hi Sharon

My daughter (12.5 weeks) is pretty much the same. She sleeps 10-12 hours of a night and then she'll have 2 or 3 x 2hour sleeps through the day. I think it's pretty 'normal' - whatever that is, in any case it's nothing to be concerned about smile . In a few weeks when they are rolling around and able to play with toys etc they'll probably start being more wakeful during the day.

Take care
Jasmine
hello sharon
i have a 6 month boy who sleeps from 10pm -9am or sometimes longer he was done that for a long time know since he was about 9 weeks old:)smile we are lucky people sharon lol peter has his big sleep wakes for a feed and back to sleep he goes for about 2 hours then wakes for play time than about 2 hours later feed time he has only started the play time about a month and a half ago and after the fed he will sleep about a hour and up and again.... i know a few mothers that have the same dear..... all babies are different and can change specially when they are roling around and holding things as jasmine has said dont worry dear u will get ur play time smilesmile

alison ox

mum of peter 25/12/04

Sign in to follow this topic