Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

what do you use? Lock Rss

With the cold weather here, (in Melbourne), what do others do when it comes to covers in your babies cots. My 5 month old has been wrapped sinced comimg home from hospital, but is now getting a little big to do so. She now worms her hands out, making the blanket unravell and exposing her feet. Even though I have a blanket over the top of her, her feet and hands are frozen. How do you guys put your bubs to bed? How many blankets, wrapped or left lying. Please give suggestions as i feel worried at night wondering if she is cold, hot, to bulky from the larger blanket, etc. Thanks

bubs born 28/1/05

my mothers group supervisor suggested that we get bigger wraps and start using bed sheets! it is a great idea, but they are huge - so i went and bought my own material and made my own! they are so much cheaper. I stoped wrapping at 2 1/2months and went back to it because he was getting so cold... and especially when it started to get cold. Keep wrapping for winter and just use a sheet if you are going to stop wrapping, do it after winter. It was also good because now he doesnt pull his dummy out and make him self upset when he is going to sleep.
mumsgroup.tk for lots of weekly supermarket specials

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Hi GLN,

Im from Sydney and its getting cold up here now.
I know exactly how you feel!

I try to dress her(5months) in pyjamas either a suit or tracksuit with feet or socks and in those sleeping bags. The bags are great i would suggest getting 1 size too big so they last longer especially if bubs is tall! This is my last line of defence against the cold (in case she gets everything else off).

Also short sheet the bed (sheet and blankets, so even if bub gets arms out feet are warm.

Also i tuck the top sheet and first blanket around bubs with her arms down its like being wrapped but the blankets are tucked into the bed at the bottom

Hope this helps : )

Leanne, Eliza Jade 17/1/05

Sign in to follow this topic