Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

One sleep per day? Rss

Hi There, My daughter is 8 1/2 months old and is currently having two 1 hour sleeps per day and sleeps between 10-12 hours per night. I just wanted to find out at what age do bubs drop the 2nd sleep and just have 1 sleep per day? I know all babes are different - just wanted to get an idea what others are doing or did after the 8 month age. Thanks.

Rachel, 20mth girl + 1 on the way

Hi, my daughter is now 13 months old and still has 2 sleeps per day. The morning one is generally around an hour and the afternoon aboout half an hour.
All babies are different and they'll let us know when they are ready to drop a sleep. Generally happens before 18 months.

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

Thanks Lou Lou. My daughters name is Ella also and I had her in Brisbane. Which hospital did you have your Ella in?

Hi Rachel,
I had my Ella at North West Private at Everton Park.
Which hospital were you in and whereabouts in Brisbane do you live?
If you ever want to email me it's: loulou_074@hotmail.com

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

Hey, I had Ella at Redlands hospital (excellent hospital). I so wish we still lived in Brisbane but we are now actually living in Alice Springs. We're on a 2 year contract here and have been here since September. I can't wait to get back to Brissy! We lived in the Redlands area - Cleveland. I miss our house and the WATER! Its a bit dry here!

hi my daughter is almost 1 and she has 2 2hr sleeps per day and slepps 10-11hrs at night, but up until about 10mths we were lucky to get 2hrs out of her all day and she would still sometimes wake in the night...
The more they do the tireder they get, Aimee is learning to walk at the moment.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Hi there, my daughter is now 6 months old, she has had a hard start to life with 3 operations.... she has pulled through them all very well and looking at her you would never have known she has been sick.... My daughter is very happy and alert and very forward for her age. One thing she is not good at is sleeping. She is lucky to have a sleep during the day and wakes at least four times during the night. Can you help with any advice?

Kerryn Goodyer, New Zealand

Gosh Kerryn that must be hard with her not sleeping. At 6 months she should definetely be sleeping during the day especially if she's not sleeping well at night. At 6 months my daughter was still having 3 one hour sleeps per day (i know all bubs are different though). I would suggest that you get in touch with a sleep clinic. They should be able to help you and your little one out. Let me know how you go - this is what I would do anyway.
Rach

Sign in to follow this topic