Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Standing in Cot Rss

Hi
I have an 8mth old little boy who has recently learnt he can pull himself up into a standing position. The problem being though I used to be able to put him in the cot come nap time he would play for a couple of minutes and then go to sleep. Now he stands up in the cot screams his lungs out because he can't get back down. I put him down tell him sleep time like i usually do but this will happen a good half dozen times & then he is over tired and majorly grumpy. Any suggestion how I can stop this because it is getting frustrating.

Thx Vicki.
Hi Vicki,
My little boy did the exact same thing at about the same age. I used to go into him, lay him back down, give him back his dummy and give him a small soft toy to hold. I always gave him the same toy, and I never said a word to him-ever. After I gave him the toy, I would just walk out and shut the door behind me. He would lay there looking at the toy, and fall of to sleep on his own. He is now 9 months old, and knows how to sit down by himself, but still sometimes screams for me to come in and I still do the same thing, lay down, dummy, toy, and walk away. It may take a couple of days for him to get used to, but it is worth it in the end. We now have very few problems. Hope this works for you too.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Sign in to follow this topic