Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Reflux Formula Rss

Hi there,

My little 5 month old had reflux (although he was never upset just used to bring up tonnes of formula/breastmilk). I only started him on the reflux formula at 4 months and since then he has been fabulous - no more soaked clothes for both of us all day.

Now that he is 5 going on 6 months and since it has gone away (well I hope so) do I start weaning him onto the normal formula?

Has anyone actually had a refluxy bub and could you please let me know what you did?

Thanks
Hi mummatutu

I think it would be a good idea to keep him on the reflux formula for a bit longer but you could try with the normal formula maybe once a day to start with and if the reflux comes back then go back to the reflux formula.
I found that eating solids helped my daughter keep her milk down (sort of), she couldnt have AR formula as she is lactose intollerent.

All you can do is try!!
Good luck

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Hi mummatutu our son suffered from reflux as well. We did they same thing you are thinking of doing as he had stopped vomiting. We only gave him a few bottles of non AR formula and in no time he was back to projectile vomits. The problem now was when we put him back on AR formula it didnt just fix over night so it took months of being back on AR before he settled down again. Our son even had trouble keeping water down. Plus we had spent $20 on formula that only lasted one month after it was opened so we had to throw it out. Our Paediatrician said there was no reason to take him off the AR until around 12 months when all should be settled. When he turned 12 months we went straight onto cows milk without any problems. He is now 19 months and he is fine but did vomit until around 14 months of age. The other thing that concerned us was there is no AR formula from 6 months of age. Our Paediatrician said that the after 6 months of age formula is only a new thing and there was nothing wrong with keeping him on his current formula. I am in no way telling you what you should or shouldnt do, just advising you what happened to us. Every baby is different. Good luck.
Hi,my name is Leanne and I have a baby girl who is 7 months and like yourself I had a problem with her always throwing up I put her on a thinked formula[karicare ar]I have spoken to other people and also a health nurse and they all said to keep her on this formula kind regards Leanne

Leanne & Baby Breanna, Redland Bay

Hi,

My 8 month old son also has reflux without the pain. He is still on the AR Karicare formula. He still throws up, some days more than others. Teething has also made it a bit worse and crawling too. He is a tummy crawler and I think this puts pressure on his tummy. My doctor has also prescribed some medicine but it isn't helping much yet.

Danielle

Danielle, 28, Vic, 1st son born 2/6/03

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies. I think I will keep giving him the AR formula until 12 months. I did actually try giving 1 scoop normal formula and the chuckies started again so back to full AR it is. He is actually on solids at present and pigging them down as well as having a 125ml of water per day and he isn't chucking up anything else.

Hope all your bubs grow healthy and happy!
Sign in to follow this topic