Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

drinking out of tumbler Rss

my daughter is 7 months old and i was wondering how do you get them to drink out of one of those tumbler sipper cups as i would like her to start drinking more water. when i give her the sipper cup she grabs it and just starts chewing on it, how can i get the idea thru to her that it is for drinking????

any tips would be helpful

thanx

Cheryl,SA,Danika born 24.10.03 Matthew born 5.3.05

I started with a sipper cup that was not spillproof (some of them you can take the valve out of). Everytime my daughter tipped it even slightly some liquid came out, so she quickly learned that it was for drinking. Once she was used to sipping from it, I put the valve back in, to make it spillproof - so I didn't have as many messes to clean up.

Hope this helps.

mum to 2 girls

I think my son was about 6 months old when i gave him a sipper cup. I just persisted with it & everytime i gave it to him i would show him what to do, how to hold it & i would tip it up into his mouth to show him water came out for him to drink. There isn't really any way to teach them, I think just persist & she will eventually get the hang of it.
Good luck.

Michelle - Mum to 2

I found the "Tommee Tippee" cups with handles at the sides and pop-up spout to be very good. I spent quite a bit of money on cups when I first started buying them, as my daughter would chew on the spout, and the ones with the valve seemed to be very difficult to get anything out of. The "Tommee Tippee" cup doesn't have a valve, and my daughter got the hang of it straight away.

Debbie, QLD, gorgeous daughter

Sign in to follow this topic